Tenjho Tenge

A

almpagen

[sadht]Tenjho Tenge[/sadht][sadhl=647]tenjho-tenge[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Hi everyone=)

I just finnished watching Tenjou Tenge and i couldnt be more disapointed then i am right now, the first thing that happend is that i started to hate the "main" char (Souichiro), and the one that i realy liked (Takayanagi) was kinda forgotten in the back grounds he didnt even have any important role in the end either.
My thoughts about this anime is very bad, the whole character thingie ruined the whole thing for me.

Did anyone else feel the same way?:crying:

Greetings=)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tenjou Tenge

Tenjho Tenge
I really liked the series itself, was entertained all the way, but found that the end was very abrupt and left me with too many questions unanswered.

I agree, the character I would have like to see more of is Masataka Takayanagi too. HE DIDN'T EVEN GET THE GIRL! Poor boy *sniff*

Added spoiler tags. In the future, please use them; simply enclose the spoiler with the tags (spoiler)(/spoiler), replacing the parentheses with square brackets (the ones to the right of the letter 'P' on your keyboard).

-Roxas

sighhh,,, damn spoilers mate. please I was considering to buy that dvd box set. I wanted to be disappointed too..

hmm wait, I was under the expression that its was a yuri anime.

OMG!! IM SO SORRY!!! what's the tags for spoilers??? I will add right away before I mess up someone elses experience!!!

i'm such a no0b! i'm sorry, i take for granted that everyone is like me...i normally stay away from threads from anime i have not seen...

OMG!! IM SO SORRY!!! what's the tags for spoilers??? I will add right away before I mess up someone elses experience!!!

i'm such a no0b! i'm sorry, i take for granted that everyone is like me...i normally stay away from threads from anime i have not seen...

don't worry rikku, we only learn from our mistakes. I posted a reply about EVA with spoilers tags. I got flamed. not too much tho. hehehehe :balloon:

so you forgive me? *phew*
if you hated me, i think i would have to leave the forum :(

so you forgive me? *phew*
if you hated me, i think i would have to leave the forum :(

and why would I hate you.. Like Onei_chan, you are one of those people who make this forum an exciting place to go to. hehehe :love: got to love sothis for making this place. to me She is like the unspoken god; vengeful yet merciful

OMG!! IM SO SORRY!!! what's the tags for spoilers???

Just noticed it doesn't look like anyone answered you :p
Spoiler tags are:
(spoiler) telling secrets, blah, blah, (/spoiler)
But replace the ( ) with [ ]
:smile:

Tengou Tenge, eh? One thing that always bothers me is the spelling. I swear the fansubs I've got spell it like I have above. But Anime Planet spells it with this weird j and h. Why is that?

Addressing the question, I love Tengou Tenge, it's got some of the best characterisation of its genre, with an amazingly high potential from the start. Yes, it's ending is disappointing because it goes nowhere - all that build-up, no delivery - but luckily I avoided total disappointment by having someone TELL me beforehand that it was going to be like that. I just enjoyed the ride for what it was, and the fighting... gods they were awesome. The cheese factor was just the right level, the fanservice wasn't disproportionate to the other important elements, and I was pleased to find Maya and her sister as kick-arse as any of the male characters.

Even the long flashback that took over the main storyline was interesting after a while, with Maya's brother and all that.

Anyway, don't bother with the movies if you were disappointed with the series. They really don't add anything at all.

Long story short, Tenjou Tenge would have been a hell of a lot better if

1. They had actually gotten to the tourney
2. If half of the series wasn't flashback
3. If the flashback wasn't in the middle of the series
4. If they had actually stuck with one or two characters as the focus
5. If it had been more about the martial arts, and less about magical happy super aids powers activating and giving retardo strength to captain corpse alot

I was kinda rubbed the wrong way by it. I didn't expect the flashback to basically be half of the series, and it just seems unfocused story-wise. As far as the action, it was decent, but they blew the best scene in the second episode. After that, the rest was pretty tame.

Only gripe I have is that it lacked a proper ending and the story was cut to short.

I just finished watching the anime of tenjho tenge.
What I don't get is why Maya hates Mistoumi(spelled wrong) and blaming him for her brother's death when her brother was the one who killed himself? Is she doing that to prevent him from taking the same step's her brother took? and will they reconcile since they both have feelings for each other? Will sorchio end up with aya? what happens next? did the manga serie end yet? or is it still going on?

Please use spoiler tags. /kazeumi

Re: Tenjho Tenge. What really happend?

You should probably have spoiler tags, or at least a warning, on this :/
It really was a very 'read the manga' sort of ending, wasn't it?
It's been a few months, and I find I can't remember much of the story, but I think:
She probably blaamed him for her brother's death because he sort of drove him to do it, after many events. Or...something. XD

Tenjou Tenge really annoyed me with all the flashbacks... Almost threw out the monitor out of my window..... I thought the show would pretty much focus on Nagi... bleh >_<

Yeah...I did a rough estimation, when I was watching it on TV...about half the show literaly was flashbacks. Possibly more X_x

there's an OVA called last chapter that helps out but doesn't fully conclude it i think.

Really? I never knew about that! I might have to look it up, since the channel I was watching it on obviously stopped with that show :/
Thanks for the info! :P

.... my brain cannot fathom the amount of flashbacks in this anime... there was really no point in discussing the present at all.

Back