Browser Search Added!

kenaniah

Requested by popular demand, Anime Planet can now be searched from your browser (provided you are using IE7, FF2, or FF3, or any other browser that supports OpenSearch) without the need for the Anime Planet search engine plugin.

If you have not already added Anime Planet as a search engine, click on your brower's search tool to the right of your address bar and add Anime Planet as a search provider. Happy searching!

Last edited:
smkks, you're correct, however it would be more accurate to say that browsers will now automatically detect the Anime Planet browser search engine plugin. Browsers that support OpenSearch will automatically be able to make use of Anime Planet's search engine without the need to go through the process of manually adding the search engine like in your above link.

Granted, there is no Anime Planet icon at this time, although we are planning on using an icon with AP v3. We are also planning on implementing search suggestions for browser searches in the upcoming AP v3 release.

ok...I'm an idiot. How do we install this?
I'm on FF2 and I'm clicking on the G for google search and it drops down a list and I don't see Anime-Planet search on it.
When I go to "Search" it's a no-name search engine and when I go to "manage search engines" I look for A-P but nothing shows up. Yes I have experimental ones clicked.
No, Adblock is not running on A-P.

heh I made my self an A-P search option with the google toolbar for firefox. There is an option in there to add any website to the search list. But an official one it way better :D

bored :hamster:
favicon.png

favicon2.png

What I always do is add keywords (in FF2 and over). Right click a search box and click add a keyword.

When that's done you can try [keyword] [search terms] in the address bar. In my case I just type "ap Elfen Lied" and I get taken directly to the search results.

i figured id add my few cents here. If you use opera and want to add a-p to your search bar just go to tools, click prefs. Click on search at the top then add. Give it a name and keyword then put this in the adress line
Code:
https://www.anime-planet.com/search.php?search_type=all&search=%s

thats it.
note: itll search the whole site not just user/manga/anime and whatnot

Back