Gourmet Girl Graffiti

Re: Happy Cooking Graffiti

Kyoani, dayo. Bradalee spamming topics like a good moderator. I should have made this topic before he has the chance, dammit.

But it's the moderators job now, me and Naga got this shit covered. Don't take it away from us :crying:

I have no idea what you mean, so move along. Nothing to see here.

If there is a Log season 3 you know I'll channel my inner chibi assassin and ninja post that.

Till then, I'll allow you to fluff your forum ego unabated. Carry on!

As for the topic at hand, this looks like a less erotic Souma. Nothing can set of my culinary juices like magical girl Dōjima, but I might try it.

^ The fuck is that shit? You might try it? It's hot girls and some lolis eating food all sexy like, just like that alternate english title because considering what we're gonna be watching, it's pretty legit. It's gonna be one of the best fucking shows this season for the plot alone. Which is boners. As anticipated as Kancolle for all the right reasons.

As for the topic at hand, this looks like a less erotic Souma. Nothing can set of my culinary juices like magical girl Dōjima, but I might try it.

What if I told you the manga apparently has yuri undertones?

What if I told you the manga apparently has yuri undertones?

I'd say nothing and post this gif:
OoKbT.gif

Alternatively to tease Bradalee I could post this gif instead:
MrMvJdf.gif

Sounds like an instant classic and done by Shaft no less. It's not like they could do much worse than Exposition City Actors.

Episode 1

Well, that was more boring than expected... At least the food looked amazingly delicious!

Episode 1:

I thought the episode was okay, but the erotic eating part felt out of place. The theme of the episode was comfort food and how it brings the loved ones together. It's a decent theme and is played with some cute moments, but it doesn't exactly pair well with sexy eating. The other problem is I wouldn't exactly consider hot pot or any of the dishes in this episode to be sexy. I don't know a ton about Japanese cuisine, but from what I've seen of anime, hot pot is pretty common fare. It makes for great comfort food and brings people together though. Although I guess it didn't bug me that much because the foodgasm bits were pretty low key.

I was surprised Shaft did this show because there isn't much of their signature style in the episode. You can see it a bit in the characters and some of the animation, but it is very restrained.

Overall, I found it watchable though. While simple the theme of the episode was pretty good and I thought they related the food back to the girls issues pretty well without being overdramatic.

Episode 1

Well, that was more boring than expected... At least the food looked amazingly delicious!

This was all I read and I can instantly tell that someone doesn't appreciate all the sexy eating. The show has to do one thing and that is portraying high school girls eating foods all sexy like. The last time some show failed a win-win-boners concept was Kenzen Robo Daimalder, and that was a high class easy to do concept if they didn't make it all rapey, Stockholm syndrome like. And it had like, 3 ass shots. But the first one, that was art :megusta: Made the rest of the show look like shit.

^ Correction: middle schoolers.
But I'll try to be more open-minded about the sexy eating thing the next time. Have this gif as an apology:
tumblr_nhx8mavvdq1qcsnnso1_500.gif

^ Correction: middle schoolers.
But I'll try to be more open-minded about the sexy eating thing the next time. Have this gif as an apology:
tumblr_nhx8mavvdq1qcsnnso1_500.gif

Awwwww yeaaaaaaah :megusta:

Episode 1

Dat food :megusta:

That luscious, sumptuous, orgasmic bite, it's so sexual that it's glorious and is the reason why I'm watching it.
Alice in Wonderfoods? Woah, this OP is trips. I am glad I decided to watch it instead of skipping it because shit, dayum. This is all I expected from this show. This entire OP.

Dang.

Awww yeaah, peel that onio- radish.
Mmmmm, pour that water on it, oh baby baby.
Putting in love and steaming hot feelings turns your food into crap? It looks sexy but is instead rotten inside.
Some guys like getting stepped on.

I can't read Japanese so I'm assuming that was her name in the bubbles.

That is one crazy sense of smell.

YES ASS APRON ALWAYS WORKS PERFECT PLAN

I thought there would be more sexy eating and less... this stuff. All... building shit and stuff.

The little girl has pretty eyes. Must run in the family.
Spiffy gift, cabbage. Stolen cabbage, which makes it even better.

Yeah, where's the meet dripping in juice? All moist and supple.

I love how milkweed the dad is, he's pretty much just letting the wife and daughter duke it out.

Yeah, fuck practicality, looking stylish is more important.

Her bag looks like a ham.

This isn't exactly sexy. Is there going to be busty chicks licking Popsicles anytime soon? Like that one act in the Gong Show?

Hmm... better... getting fed by another is pretty sexy, but saying that here makes it kinda creepy like. WHICH I CAN TOTALLY ACCEPT BECAUSE IT WAS FUCKING GORGEOUS AS FUCK IN THIS MOMENT IN ALL SENSES AND WAYS

If Red teaches Purple then it'll get really awkward later on.

No ice cream and cleavage. I can hear my dreams collapsing and getting shot down.

Don't do it show... don't do it... stay with Red...

CRAP NO DON"T GO IN
Whew. Skipped the bath.

Adorable in that coat!

I thought they would be all "Adorable!" and shit, because she is adorable.

"They give work to you too?" I don't understand sick that well.

Udon is tres' sexy. It'll be like Be-Bop Kidnapp'n Idol with the sexy eating of noodles.

No comment but the budget went to the animation. While they eat to be specific.

Ginger is a sexy food.

Why is there so little sexy eating?

Pfft, she is stiffing her the sweets.

HOW CAN YOU RESIST THAT FACE

Wiggle wiggle.
This is why I'm watching it :megusta:
The way it was inserted into her mouth, I totally agree. As erotic as it gets.

Parsley salad. How un-boners.

I can't believe how SOL this is.

The bed scene is really sweet.
FUCK YES THAT INCLUDES WIFE

All in all, this was nothing like the promotional material. Or the manga shots that first introduced this to me.

They can't afford much more sexy eating per episode without seriously blowing the budget.

But this is directed by Akiyuki Shinbo! "Sexy" shots are his bread and butter! :laugh:

Episode 1
A leisurely-paced slice-of-life combining themes like the importance of comfort food and eating with loved ones with somewhat erotic eating scenes? Okay, I'm game.

I must admit, I liked this introductory episode. It felt peaceful (for a lack of better word) and did a good job at introducing the main characters and giving viewers an idea as to what to expect in later episodes. Also, that inari-zushi scene. I want inari-zushi now and there's not a Japanese supermarket or sushi shop within hundreds of kilometers. :flip:

I feel a bit silly for being originally apprehensive about Shinbo directing this, but it's right up his alley and so far it doesn't feel stupidly artsy or inaccessible to the average viewer.

Still don't know how I feel about the eating scenes... but since it was the selling point of the original manga, I'll let it slide. :laugh:

Last edited:

I was surprised this was directed by Shibo because he restrains himself quite a bit here. There are definite peeks of his style, especially in the way the character moves during the erotic eating, but for the most part it just looks like a pretty SOL show.

And yes, I think that's why I liked the episode. It actually had a point to it and the cute scenes had more substance behind them than cute girls being cute. The episode felt pretty natural in the way it linked its message to the food and then how that connected to the story. It was rather nicely done.

I still the the erotic bits felt out of place though, especially given the theme of the episode. It would have worked better without those in there to distract it. It's not a huge thing because they weren't too in your face, but if the show is going to be about this simpler style of cooking helping people then the ero eating just seems there for service.

Episode 1
I'm agreeing with the general consensus, except I'm perhaps not as hopeful and optimistic for the future. It was a trying-too-hard-to-be-cutesexy (it couldn't make up its mind which) SOL. It was mildly pleasant and rather boring and the sexy eating didn't seem to fit in at all. Nor with the overenthusiastic second cousin instantly adoring her big-city relative.

I guess it's story set up, but since it felt all wrong with the rest of the episode, to me that's a huge setup of wrongness for the future. Presaged by the opening scene of MC eating a phallic object. Just elicited a big groan from me, not anticipation of what was to come.

Maybe if I enjoyed the foodgasm scenes more, I'd appeciate this better. Food appreciation doesn't scream sexy to me. *sigh*

Back