Pumpkin Scissors

VivisQueen

[sadht]Pumpkin Scissors[/sadht][sadhl=1050]pumpkin-scissors[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Thread created for WYW discussion, but it's a public thread so any forum member may join in! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I found Pumpkin Scissors to be like an episodic/slice of life anime but done military style! :P

Very weird lol

Just watched episode 1.
Well...that was some annoying opening but, on the other hand, the endind was somehow cute and pointless.
Not much to say besides
how tall can that guy be o.O
and that it doesnt look very promising, but we'll see..it's still too soon to tell.

Episodes 1-2
Well I have watched this before and I know this is a good show ^^

Well I when I first time watched this I thought Randel Oland is a freaking super soldier that wants to fight a lot more (during that opening, when he is sitting next to the wall). Well there my prediction went wrong.

Well after a few minutes. When he opened that lantern I started to like this show. I'm a bit wondering about that K-3 shell. Does our armies actually have something similar?

Well in episode 2 there was a tank again. But I wonder why they made crosshair to be same as crosshair in sniper rifle scopes? I think it should be something like this:
932257_20060405_screen002.jpg

Well anyway those tanks look a lot like French tanks used in World War II and soldiers appear to be germans and area is France or England but it is good they are mixed like that so it just doesn't make it resemble World War II.

And last thing about Randel Oland's height, it is not so usual sometimes meet really tall people. Here is a bit reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Väinö_Myllyrinne and here lived 2 other about same height guys too ;)

And Opening song ain't so bad. For those who wonder what Gespenst Jäger means, I think correct translation would be: Phantom Hunter

Episodes 3-4
So digging up a tunnel huh? Well guess it is a kind normal thing after war to be fixed.

Seems like Alice has alot authority when it is needed. And Randel Oland doesn't seem to be so stupid as he appears. Do patients want the doctors suffer same disease as they're suffering?

Well anyway A point blank range shooting with a cannon doesn't seem good idea to me. I have read a lot stories about Anti Tank Rifles and how they broke bones of the users. Randel is really tough guy... probably anyone slimmer would break bones instantly when fired with that gun. Well anyway there seems to be a conspiracy behind the scenes... A reload system that is not yet invented, starts to get interesting =)

Episodes 5-6
I would get angry too if I had worked for many years in company and only thing they offer with kick in the butt is a worthless good. Well luckily we have here social security.

Abandoning a baby too... Pretty sad things keep piling up in this show. Well lets hope it gets a bit more happy in future too

Episode 7-8
Well nothing special here really. Semi-automatic rifles... and snowy mountain.
I just remembered how annoying that Schultz guy is. Probably, it is because the voice actor sounds annoying.

Episodes 9-10
So Pumpkin Scissors name has a meaning. Exists to cut apart thick pumpkin mask that covers up evil guys.

Well anyway Randel just keeps busting up tanks...

it was awesome, though i watched it some time ago...
for some reason i really like pseudo historic stuff, in particular stuff from roughly 1850 to 1950

and there was of course the whole noblesse oblige plaidoyer in the end which was very much to my liking. i still wish they d make a second season...

and i still think the name doesnt make any sense

Episodes 11-12
Undercover manuscript. Well guess really not any country would really accept modifying human beings to become weapons.

Wanted to participate, but I watched the first three episodes when they came out, then stalled for seven months, watched another two, stalled for almost a year, and now watched the sixth, which was awful. I'll take the hint and drop it ^^

IMHO the show has exactly two merits, and I can listen to Itou and Ueda in other roles.

Episode 2,3 and 4:
hmm don't have much to say about episode 2. I just hope that the whole series don't go around tank fight ALL the time ._. oh MAIDO RAGE *nods*
anyway, episode 3 and 4...surely contributed a know the characters. Didnt really thought that a nice guy like Machs could be all "omg, that monster" after Oland saved his life. And the plot thickens >.>

Fireflower:
about recoil and whatnot, apparently Oland doesnt have to worry about that because he seems to know no pain? o.O

Uhm, finished watching this morning. Didn't like it, I forced me a little to finish, but it wasn't that bad. I agree with chii, it looks like an episodic slice of military life...
Not so good for me...

Fireflower:
about recoil and whatnot, apparently Oland doesnt have to worry about that because he seems to know no pain? o.O
[/QUOTE]

Well in future you will know reason :)

Aight ep 1 down, I'm seeing good elements that i like to see in a war based series so I'm hopeful.

I like the rustic/world war II setting and It's interesting to have such a single minded protagonist right of the bat.

I think I'd more to say but i can't get the last image outta my head from ep 5...
Nurse: I finally found it! The LL size!!!
Randel: ..but I'm just leaving the hospital...
Nurse: No! Modern science will not be defeated so easily!
Randel: But I don't feel it coming right now...
Nurse: *lunge and scramble*
*break*
ROFL

I will say that I really enjoy the thoughts about social hierarchy and how it should work. Though other than that it's been fairly non-descript so far.

At ep 10, time to call it a night and the end of my unsuccessfully wasted weekend
I find this show to be interesting in an episodic kinda way as it truly seems to be about war aftermath. Each episode has had something to do with the consequences of war and how people deal with such challenges. I think it's a clever idea for a show.

I suspect an underlining story somewhere (the tank/guns incidents) but I'm enjoying it the way that it is.

We've been getting some flashbacks recently which have been intersting but not terribly enlightening...

I watched a pretty decent chunk of this show but unfortunatley ended up dropping it. I just wasn't into it. I didn't like the characters and I kept spacing out during a lot of it.(especially during that blond girl's speeches lol) Also, it seemed like the big guy (can't remember his name) would defeat the enemy the same way everytime. It was kinda cool the first time, but it got stale really quick. It seemed like the show wasn't headed anywhere good, so eventually I just moved on. Maybe I'll give it another chance some other time if I'm feeling patient.:hamster:

SAFARI FAIL!

I will say just it gets better after episode 12 because safari destroyed my text. Sigh there went a really long text about this... sucks... sry but I will not write it again.

Back