Baccano! (Light Novel)

N

Nocturnal

28936l.jpg

During the late 1930s in Chicago, the transcontinental train, Flying Pussyfoot, is starting its legendary journey that will leave a trail of blood all over the country. At the same time in New York, the ambitious scientist Szilard and his unwilling aide Ennis, are looking for missing bottles of the immortality elixir. In addition, a war between the mafia groups is getting worse. On board the Advena Avis, in 1711, alchemists are about to learn the price of immortality.

Based on the award winning light novels of the same name, this anime adaptation follows several events that initially seem unrelated, both in time and place, but are part of a much bigger story - one of alchemy, survival and immortality. Merging these events together are the kindhearted would-be thieves, Isaac and Miria, connecting various people, all of them with their own hidden ambitions and agendas, and creating lifelong bonds and consequences for everyone involved.

So, anyone read the novels? I picked up the first volume from a friend and fell in love with it, then I watched the anime and became obsessed. Currently I own 9 volumes, and I'm re-reading through them all, now on 4th.

Re: Baccano! Light Novels

Baccano started out as a novel?

That's cool! I shall have to read them!

:O Yes, of course, it was published in 2002 and it's still ongoing, with 12 Volumes. Story by Ryougo Narita and artwork by Enami Katsumi.

I already like you! :!!:

How much did you read? Which volume is your favorite? What about characters?

I'm completely caught up, can't call favorites on this one really tho, like the whole damn thing..

Deff a Ladd fan, Chane too.

Well, I love every volume, but my favorites are Alice in Jail and Peter Pan in Chains. Why? Simply because when you put insanely-awesome Baccano! character led by Graham Specter, no less, in prison - you get the epic development. I wish these were made into anime also.
And I love the volumes from 1700's, with alchemy and that funky demon, lol.

Anybody still up for talking about baccano? Seems like there hasn't been much activity here lately, even though the novels are so awesome :/

i've read the rolling bootlegs and the drugs and the dominoes, should read some more of them sometime really

They're pretty awesome and most of them are already translated. Also there're tons of new lovable characters.

:O Yes, of course, it was published in 2002 and it's still ongoing, with 12 Volumes. Story by Ryougo Narita and artwork by Enami Katsumi.
I watched the anime series and i was hooked but im having trouble trying to read the light novels online. Willing to help me out?

Back