Azumanga Daioh

Basketcase

What makes this series so good?

It's funny enough, but it hasn't blown me away. Then again, I'll withhold judgment until I get farther into the series.

Lol whats not so funny about it,lets see whyere to start

Chiyo's pigtails
vicious cats
girl who has les crush
perverted freeky teacher
rival best friends teachers
the list goes on.

I don't think Azumanga tries to blow anyone away. You just have to sit back and enjoy the wackiness. That's what the show is all about.

Lol whats not so funny about it,lets see whyere to start

Chiyo's pigtails
vicious cats
girl who has les crush
perverted freeky teacher
rival best friends teachers
the list goes on.

It should be deemed a crime not to mention Osaka in a list of Azumanga's funny things. =P

@Tents
Ep. 1-3
Osaka reminds me of me after waking up early, Yukari reminds me of me when I'm drunk, and Tomo...reminds me of my family.
My favorite skit so far was the volleyball practice. Some people are uncoordinated and then some are completely uncoordinated.
I share Yomi's love of spicy food, but not that spicy.
The opening is fun and the ending is alright.
We love you, Tents!

Its a OK show not amazing or bad just kind of in the middle. It doesn't stick out from all the others of its kind in any big ways that make me want to love it. Maybe its just a bit to dated and i would have liked it more if i watched it sooner or not watched 1000000 other slice of life anime before it.

What i really did like was osaka the oddball/airhead. Just a great character i think ever scene i found funny she was in. Then sakaki was also a good character, just not as great as osaka. But her getting the cat in end was perfect, she deserved it lol.

3.5/5

Last edited:
Its a OK show not amazing or bad just kind of in the middle. It doesn't stick out from all the others of its kind in any big ways that make me want to love it. Maybe its just a bit to dated and i would have liked it more if i watched it sooner or not watched 1000000 other slice of life anime before it.
That was my issue back when I watched it. Like I'd seen boatloads of CGDCT shows before getting to it, and it just didn't stick out like I imagine it did when it first came out. I imagine I'd have the same issue if I ever watched Lucky Star.

Back