Zetman

hoffstyle

[sadht=]Zetman[/sadht][sadhl]Zetman[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Watched the first episode of this tonight, didn't really pay attention to it but was intrigued by it so far. Fairly violent, doesn't look like your typical Viz property.

Zetman looks awesome. I'm liking Jin already and I look forward to the kick-ass action coming up (series trailer was sick). Looks promising, I'll be following this closely.

Very nice first episode, felt rushed but to me it added to the first episode with the fast pace. I loved the animation and art style and the plot looks really nice as well.

I'm really glad Akemi didn't die, I loved her from the first episode

Censor flare for the lose though, he got to
take a bath with the hot stripper chick, plus dude getting cut in half.
I am guessing she is going to foster him.

Last edited:
^I'd agree with that last thought.
And
I didn't see Akemi in the opening so I'm wondering if she'll be around post-time skip.

Not familiar with the manga, so I don't know much about the characters yet. I am guessing this has been around for a while.

Episode 1:

Honestly that girl yelling "aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh" gave me creeps.

I'm liking this series, it seems that there is going to be lots and lots of conflict along with it. I may even read the manga or whatever if it drags me in enough, lol.

I wasn't expecting this show to be very good, but that first episode blew all expectations away.

That whole part of him trying to find help for his grandpa was incredibly sad.

Something I'm definitely going to continue, that first episode was pretty intense.
Akemi seems like a lovable person, I mean, she threw herself against the assailant after being stabbed through the stomach, that's just badass.

I thought it was fairly decent. A good set-up with some interesting characters and some cool action. Hopefully the censorship doesn't take away all the fun from the fight scenes.

^I'd agree with that last thought.
And
I didn't see Akemi in the opening so I'm wondering if she'll be around post-time skip.

Actually
I spied some chick in the credits. I think she was folding clothes or something. Left eye was closed, her mouth looked a little messed up. I think we'll see more of her.

I have a terrible weakness for sad, over-eager orphans with street smarts and zero emotional intelligence.

Really diggin' that ending theme, too.

Gonna be watching this show and looking forward to every damn episode, I bet...

I wasnt expecting much from this and wasnt gonna watch it but after watching the first episode I changed my mind.
And yeah I liked the ending theme too

Not sure about this one. It seemed very up and down for me. I liked most of the character dialog, but Jet's lack of understanding of very simple words like die or hope comes off a bit narmy. The action was pretty good, but when jet went super saiyan I had to start rolling my eyes.

My impression: Gantz + X-men?, I'll wait and watch the second episode before I judge whether I like it or not.

I got a really good feeling from the first episode. Sure, it followed the basic form of many darker shounen anime but it had several moments that elevated it above the more common fare.

All of Jin's scenes with his grandfather were great and the scene with Akemi in the bathtub was actually really moving. She is a character with hidden tragedy in her past and I am certain we are going be seeing her again. I wonder how she lost the family shown in that picture? She made a point of turning it over before getting in the bath with Jin.

The only real negative here was the censoring. I don't care that they censored the tits but they also censored some of the violence. And even the violence that didn't get censored seemed very restrained. I don't mind if they are going for a more stylistic thing where characters don't actually have 500000 gallons of blood but I don't know right now that part did seem a bit anemic.... sorry for that pun...

But that's a very minor point as the actual episode was about more than that.

Well, this isn't some Blood -C deal, where the gore is the big selling point, but it got censored. With any luck, this show will be good enough to overcome that annoying ass flare censor.

Yeah, I should have clarified that that was a small complaint because the rest of the episode was so great. I just have the feeling those flares are going to be a bit of an annoyance in the future.

Back