Toradora!

Same ratings by different routes.
Thanks for the insights ... there were some points I missed.
I agree that the signs of growing affection between Ryuji and Taiga were there to be found from very early on, and that the time taken on the storytelling gives the anime real depth.
I was not so sure about Ami's suffering ... sometimes it seemed that she was more put out about not getting her chance than deeply involved.
I didn't see Minori as being selfish, just ambivalent at first, then putting her own tentative feelings aside to support Taiga. While Ami seemed to think it was up to Minori to reject Ryuji quickly so she herself could have a clear path, it doesn't seem fair to ask that of her. She would have had to both sacrifice her own hopes (which I found a little hard to credit) and risk hurting Taiga's chances. It didn't appear selfish - just a difficult dilemma that made her hesitate.
Somehow I missed that Taiga had been gone for an entire year before their reunion - I thought it was shorter.
All in all, an excellent series.

I came to that conclusion because

Ami correctly pointed out that Minorin didn't know if she was hurt because she was losing Taiga or losing Ryuji. But that's my intepretation. I still liked her, she was a good character.

Ami was the most perceptive of the group hence why I believed she suffered silently. The little scene with her in the last episode was wonderful. Going to her suffering I believe that by the time she and Minorin traded blows (a great scene btw) she was fully in Taigas camp.

As far as the time skip is concerned: Yes, remember they were Juniors. When they come back it was High School Graduation. I know in the novel Taiga comes back sooner.

Last edited:
So, I just finished watching episode 24 and this has just taken the weirdest of twists ever... I'm still a bit confused...
( •᷄ὤ•᷅)?

^ Yeah, episode 24 was the one where
they sort of, kind of, confess to eachother and then suddenly decide to run away. It's that last part that I don't get. Even after seeing the last episode, the running away doesn't realy make much sense to me, especially given the fact that it doesn't even amount to anything. And their friends don't even bring it up? Maybe I'm just too stupid to get it, but that had me really confused
As for the last episode
I liked it! This show probably has one of the best kissing scenes I've ever seen. Most of the time they're just awkward and thrown in because what's a romance anime without some kissing? But here it felt so sweet and natural.
It was a nice ride and I can definitely see why this is held in such high regards.

^

It makes a lot of sense really
They both were still kind of in little boy and little girl mode thinking an irrational "running away" from their so-called bad parents was a good idea in the moment. It was very immature. The "practice wedding" scene was where they realized they had to grow up and face their "problems" head on.

^

It makes a lot of sense really
They both were still kind of in little boy and little girl mode thinking an irrational "running away" from their so-called bad parents was a good idea in the moment. It was very immature. The "practice wedding" scene was where they realized they had to grow up and face their "problems" head on.

I get that explanation, and it was what I thought as well, but it still felt a little out of place to me.
It makes sense for Taiga to want to run away. She probably already knew she had to go live with her mom ever since that field trip accident. So of course she saw eloping as the only answer at the moment. But for Ryuuji... I don't know. Sure, the tension between him and Yasuko has been building up in this and previous episodes and her berating him for working may have been the final straw... But the way he snapped at her felt so out of character for me.
If the writer got one thing right then it's probably the irrationality of teenagers ^^" Still, this episode was definitely my least favourite one (even though it had awesome, emotional drama at the beginning).

wow i really loved this series. I know the novels are online in bakatsuki, does anybody know if the translation is good? besides that, does de novels have a different ending or add something mure to the story?

Spite?
lpY7NFU.png

Yes, spite. The thing that continually compels me to do stupid stuff (Like watch this) despite me constantly telling myself to not let it.

Well, that was a waste of 20 minutes. The psycho bitch breaks into his house and tries beating him with a wooden sword, and I'm supposed to find that likable? The crazy bitch needs to be arrested is what she needs. Not sticking around for 20 odd episodes of Tsundere ass-kissing.

1 and done.

1 out of 5.

I don't really like taiga; she seems way too mean. Poor Takasu. I'll give it anouther 2 eps to be sure though.
Don't listen to Randomredneck above who don't have the patience to get the feel for a show before dropping it.
Yes, Taiga is a tsundere of the highest class but there is sooo much more to her than that. She is actually funny to watch as she stumbles her way towards love and happiness (?). I think it is one of the best romance shows out there but it may take some eps to get in to the story.

Loved this show- I wanted to see more of it for the character developement before commenting and I'm glad I did. PalmTop Tiger FTW.

Back