Dead Leaves

VivisQueen

[sadht]Dead Leaves[/sadht][sadhl=786]dead-leaves[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Thread created for WYW discussion, but it's a public thread so any forum member may join in! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Um...wow. I'm not even sure what to say after finishing this. Perhaps not the way I wanted to start off the Waste Your Weekend...

Dead Leaves was certainly different. It looked cool I guess, but damn did everything go fast. I feel like I should have watched it in slow motion. I never really look at what things are before I watch them, so this was just not what I was expecting I guess. It was an interesting concept, but I didn't really enjoy it overall.

It looked cool I guess, but damn did everything go fast.

I hope you had a real DVD (mine is signed by the director :) because this movie needs high bitrate. Then Production IG looks gorgeous as usual and you get the comic book feeling.

Am I considered a weird person for actually liking this? It was good in a bizarre way, and well, it was different ^^,

Well, the story was kinda shallow (what would you expect in 47 minutes) but the animation was amazing. Definitely enjoyed it, but I think next time I watch something like this I'll do it without the massive hangover...some of those fight scenes hurt to watch.

Wow. So I really loved this. The humour was a little(!) crude, but it fit well with the frantic style and the anarchic animation. It's been a while since I saw something with such a confident and edgy sense of style. Frankly, it's worth the watch just to stare at in admiration.

4/5, I reckon. I'd say it's definitely something that people really should watch, just for the experience.

wtf did i just watch?
is there some underlying theme or is everything basically an excuse for violence, sex and pubescent humour.

but i still liked it. some cool soundtrack too

Nasty, wrong, sick, disgusting, ... The list goes on. It has no redeeming qualities at all. This movie brutally raped my brain making me feel ill just by thinking about it. Just ... why?

this might seem interesting, but I never finished it, that's how bad it was to me. I tried to get into it, but the artwork was just so wrong for me, if I was nearly asleep I still probably wouldn't have watched any more than about 30 mins of it before giving up on it. it just wasn't my thing, the plot was boring and I just did not care for it.

I enjoyed this movie, but I'm a huge fan of surrealism so that doesn't surprise me. Dead Leaves, whatever its faults, is very unique. Its the kind of movie you show your friends to get your weird movie rep up. Its also good mindless entertainment, and I usually dislike movies that are like that.
Maybe it's because it is one of two movies I have ever seen feature a drill penis.
pic04.jpg
________
EXTREME VAPORIZER REVIEW

Last edited:
ABC Group-Watch:

Wow. Well that was a thing I just watched. I can't say I've ever seen anything quite like it before, that's for sure.

This was fucking wild. Did it make any sense at all? No, not really. But it was certainly a spectacle of animated violence and crude humor. The whole thing was pretty much non-stop, so it was fun at least. Certainly not something I'm going to remember for its writing, but that clearly wasn't the point lol.

Also there was a guy with a giant drill for a dick and he used it to cleave a man in twain starting from between the legs. That's not something I ever thought I'd see...

Dead Leaves is the kind of anime you watch when you're the weird kid in the high school anime group and need something with more shock humor than Adult Swim can legally provide. It's the kind of anime you dream about when you haven't had sleep in 96 hours but desperately want to play with power tools. It is zany, violent, disgusting, and quite honestly might hospitalize you if you have epilepsy - but good God does it punch above its weight when it comes to sheer animation energy. It explodes onto the screen and it doesn't leave you any chance to digest what just happened. Given the plot, that's probably for the best.

God I love it.

Dead Leaves is the kind of anime you watch when you're the weird kid in the high school anime group and need something with more shock humor than Adult Swim can legally provide. It's the kind of anime you dream about when you haven't had sleep in 96 hours but desperately want to play with power tools. It is zany, violent, disgusting, and quite honestly might hospitalize you if you have epilepsy - but good God does it punch above its weight when it comes to sheer animation energy. It explodes onto the screen and it doesn't leave you any chance to digest what just happened. Given the plot, that's probably for the best.

God I love it.
Most accurate description of this thing I've ever read.

Overall thoughts:
By the director of Panty & Stocking and Gurren Lagaan, I was expecting this to be quite the mind trip. It was a fun short anime that has the animation to make it quite the experience. That baby though. Mostly watched it for the prison theme and for the Spring 2020 bingo challenge. Wonder what it would have been like had it been a full-blown series. Regardless, it was fun for what its worth. 3.5/5.

Back