Daily Anime Thoughts

DAT: No, anime community, having stockings does NOT make Elementary Schoolers fair game! And the "older than they look" defense doesn't work when they are mentally that age, and also basically are that age by their own fantasy kin's standards, too!
And the petite art defense doesn't work either when the character is literally going to elementary school!
Christ, I just want to browse some fanart of the character without having to go and bleach my eyes and mind afterwards.
Let me guess: Kanna? I too have seen awful things when perusing for adorable fanart of her. Tumblr is a depraved place.

Does anybody happen to know why there isn't a proper Kill La Kill box set or why there doesn't yet seem to be a One Punch Man DVD release in the US?

DAT:

I'm honestly, really kind of looking forward to Sakura's Quest. Hope this turns out to be another Shirobako.

Me neither. The only real reason a publisher would do it is to avoid reverse importing, but that only happens with censored material

DAT:
honesty.png

At least they're honest.

Just watched the first FMA movie, and now I'm depressed again.....guess I'll go back to No Game No Life....

DAT:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-fe...ou-watched-anime-in-2016-with-new-infographic

This infographic stuff, is always pretty fun data to see.

Also, the super ecchi show, the most on mobile.....hmmm. Guess people are fapping on the go.
>Dragon Ball Super: Most binged watched

no surprise there seeing as how they released it in 10 episode chunks to get up to date.

I'm surprised HxH but shit managed to be "most" anything. Did those sad phonefags not realize they could at least be watching fully uncensored fansubs?

DAT: Having one of those anti-anime phases again right now. I binge watched so much stuff again over the last few weeks, that I just can't bring myself to watch anything anime at the moment or keep up with the current shows. Heck, I haven't even watched the new Gintama and KonoSuba yet and that's some serious shit.

On the other hand I'm having the time of my life watching Archer right now.

tumblr_mzs3u4Z77a1rgrfiko1_500.gif

DAT: Having one of those anti-anime phases again right now. I binge watched so much stuff again over the last few weeks, that I just can't bring myself to watch anything anime at the moment or keep up with the current shows. Heck, I haven't even watched the new Gintama and KonoSuba yet and that's some serious shit.

On the other hand I'm having the time of my life watching Archer right now.

tumblr_mzs3u4Z77a1rgrfiko1_500.gif
Ugh, tell me you're not watching Vice. That season sucked.

Ugh, tell me you're not watching Vice. That season sucked.

Yes, I am and what, am I supposed to just skip it?

Nah, I enjoy it so far, even though I have to admit that the first three seasons were my favourites so far. I don't have anything against the change in setting as long as the character interactions and dialogue have the same quality. Afaik they're supposed to change things up in the next season again anyway.

Yes, I am and what, am I supposed to just skip it?

Nah, I enjoy it so far, even though I have to admit that the first three seasons were my favourites so far. I don't have anything against the change in setting as long as the character interactions and dialogue have the same quality. Afaik they're supposed to change things up in the next season again anyway.
No, cause stuff happens that's important. But it's just the worst. It's one long commercial for a shitty CD of cover songs, and the "Pam loves cocaine" gag NEVER STOPS.

No, cause stuff happens that's important. But it's just the worst. It's one long commercial for a shitty CD of cover songs, and the "Pam loves cocaine" gag NEVER STOPS.

That Pam bit is definitely true, but that show has so many running gags going on that one more doesn't really matter to me. What really sucks is the lack of Woodhouse (his VA died so ofc it's understandable, but still).

They went so far overboard with Pam eating the cocaine as a way of giving the middle finger to the censors. They were told that having cocaine in the show was fine, but they weren't allowed to show anyone snorting it, so they had Pam start eating it as a way of rebelling. The gag does get old, but at the start her eating it is way funnier than doing it the conventional way, because it's gross and way more Pam to do it that way.

I liked Vice overall, but that's because I'm partial to the more specific era that one was parodying. I thought that chance invigorated the show more than what they did with season 7.

DAT: Why is SpiritPact labeled shounen-ai when Soul Contract, the chinese dub, is not? Japan, you confuse my fujoshi heart...

DAT: I've been thinking about a sometimes pretty contentious issue recently. I prefer the 2003 adaption of Fullmetal Alchemist to Brotherhood for many, maaaany different reasons.

Which one do you prefer and why?

Last edited:
Back