zeri123's avatar

• Joined Feb 12, 2021
  • 22

Fate/Zero

May 6, 2021

I don't usually give such i high rating, but F/Z is such a masterpiece that deserves all the praise it can get.

story 9/10: i never got bored from the story, it just is so entertaining that you don't get a minute to breath and another epic scene comes out. what makes the difference between F/Z and the other series of the franchise is that it's darker and more fantasy heavy and you won't find any light hearted scene that will make a little difference and conclude an arc. The story is maintened in a solid yet refreshing way that will not get you to sleep halfway throught.

animation 10/10: i don't think anyone can argue with this. The animation was way ahead of its time when it was out and surclassed the animation quality of every anime you could find, but even now it's still the case, with an extremely low percentage that can rivalise with the masterpiece of an animation that studio Ufotable blessed the Fate franchise with. its still to this day the best animation i've ever saw in an anime. The effects where stellar, the graphics where superb, the chara design was great and what marked me the most where the slow motion moments where you know that somethings gonna come out of nowhere, and the hype is guaranteed.

sound 10/10: what hit me the most about the sounds was the sudden change of the OP's tone. It came from the first OP that delivered the "action-packed fights" anime to the second OP that put us in "made me cry a river" vibe, and it was right, because the OP's really did perfectly describe the next stage of each part of F/Z. The japanese VA, i usually don't have to say anything because they are always fantastic. And the OST's where stellar, nuclear, fantastic, superb and every compliment adjective you can find. It really did put us in the classy mode and the fight OST's where just Dang.

characters 9/10: i would have putted a 10/10 if my fav characters had had more screentime. But all the characters where really great, and i didn't find any personality of a character that was similar to another one

overall 10/10: i don't have anything to add appart from the fact that this anime is a true masterpiece