Attack on Titan still makes the same mistakes it has been producing since 2013.
- The characters keep explaining things after and as they happen — either in their head or in a flashback.
- Not everything needs to be explained! This excess dialogue is slowing the plot down.
- I have to admit; I want to know what characters are thinking before they die. However, Attack on Titan rarely does this.
- Why did it seem like the Beast Titan knew about baseball when Attack on Titan takes place in 400 something C.E? .......
- Attack on Titan’s art style has always been weird. The Colossal Titan and the Armored Titan’s anatomy and CGI are starting to feel uncanny, and it draws too much attention away from other details.
- The Colossal Titan kicked Eren into a wall when it could have kicked him straight to the Beast Titan. What kind of lousy writing is this? I thought the objective was to capture Eren.
- I still do not like short piss-stained hair girl. She is only an important character because she has royal blood. Take away her royal blood, and what is she? Regular garbage. She is royal garbage, and I want to see her turn into regular garbage.
- I always liked the sounds of Reiner’s armored titan (the mechanical ones and his golem-like ancient voice).
- I always wanted to see past events from the enemy’s perspective, and the show delivered in episode three.
- Why can they not show flashbacks that people want to see and not waste the viewer’s time? R.I.P Marco
- It has come to my realization that Mikasa is a dude. In fact, I like the idea of Mikasa being a dude more than a chick. She can be a girl at heart, though it would please me if everyone addressed her as a guy, and she used her deep voice all the time.
- I am not going to spoil, but holy shit, this series is starting to get better!
- I can not wait to talk about the plot in my season four review!
- They “dealt” with a character I was not too fond of.
- Oh my god, Misaka with bedhead hair is doing something to me 😩
- What they did with the Smiling Titan is ingenious.
- “Anyone can become a god or a devil. All it takes is for people to believe it.” Jesus Christ, why is this series just now getting so good!
- If they end up traveling through the past or to the future, freeze time, destroy time, you name it.... I AM GOING TO LOSE MY SHIT!
- I said it in my last review, and I will repeat it! Erwin is an underrated smart character! Now I know what he meant when he asked, “who is the real enemy?”
- Floch is a great character. He’s like an attempt for the writers to be self-aware. I love it! Keep showing stuff like this, and I will put Attack on Titan in my top ten list.
- This season is giving me “Truman Show” vibes.
- Remember these two motifs, freedom and the truth. This series deals with both very well, and I will elaborate more in the final season review.
Attack on Titan would be so much better if they combined seasons 1 and 2 into a 20 something season — cutting out a lot of unnecessary context. Also, combine some parts of season 4 with season 3 — cutting out a lot of excessive context in season 3’s parts. If they did that, Attack on Titan would have the best pacing of any Shonen anime I’ve ever seen! I might have to deprive it of a high spot in my top ten list because of poorly written characters and terrible pacing :(