vocanime's avatar

• ?

Aki Sora

Aug 7, 2013

Aki-Sora Volume One Manga Cover

THIS REVIEW WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS.

Story (3/10)

Since I'm only on the third volume of this manga, I can't give a full and geniune opinion on the plot. However, I will share how I feel about this manga as far as I've read it. Now, let me come right out and say this one thing before I get started; I don't mind incest. Sure, a whole lot of people would find this statement rather controversial, but I don't care. This is a fact, but I'm not scared to come out and say it. So, this story doesn't perturb me that much. Anyways, moving on. There were some things I enjoyed about this manga; some things that actually did make sense. After Aki and Sora (yes, they are siblings) confess their love, the whole 'oh-no-what-if-someone-finds-out' behavior from Sora makes sense. As for Aki's reaction to the relationship, she's more like 'why-can't-we-love-I-don't-see-anything-wrong-with-it'... it doesn't quite make sense. While I am somwhat okay with the fact that she doesn't care about what others think, I'm pretty surprised that she can go around and partake in sexual activities while their parents and Nami are around. I mean, seriously? Does she have a death wish or something? If your parents find out, they'll fucking kill you. You two won't be able to see each other, and the rumors can easily be spread around. For those of you who may not be aware of what I'm talking about, let me clarify what I mean. In Japan, houses are often very cloes to each other due to the lack of space in Japan. My 7th grade teacher went on a trip to Japan and she explained what it was like there. Because they live in such close spaces, I wouldn't be surprised if rumors spread easily, and if everyone knows everything there is to know about their neighbors or friends. Anyways, back to the plot. I can't help but feel as if Aki and Sora's relationship was all rushed. I mean, juding by Sora's thoughts, the two haven't taken a bath together since they were really little. So all of a sudden, Aki just says that she wants to take a bath with him and then decides to touch his crotch. He continually says stop, but she just keeps doing it. It's like, "Whoa! What just happened? Why i-is Aki touching S-Sora all of a sudden?" This may give off different reactions from people to people, but I personally like anime where romance develops. I don't enjoy it when the smut/ecchi parts just randomly show up. It's annoying to me, and it shows that Aki just wants to fondle her little bro without even knowing whether or not he likes her. Sure, he blushed and acted nervous, but assuming she knew her brother well, that he is a shy person, she should know better than to just act on her own accord. Plus, right before they both, ahem, fucked one another, they confessed. While it makes sense, shouldn't they both date each other first or something? And more importantly, wear a fucking condom! Especially since the two of you are fucking one another for almost every single day! If I didn't know any better, and I probably don't, I'd say that the two of them have sex almost every single day. Do you fucking realize that Aki could get pregnant? Then how do you explain that to your parents? Ahem, moving on. Some things didn't even make any fucking sense. For example, in Chapter 12 (Volume 3), Sora gets to stick his dick inside of Alice, and Miharu just forces her to do it. Seriously. What the fuck? Even if you have E.D., you still don't let another guy, even if he's your best friend, to stick his shaft inside of your girlfriend's crotch. If I were Alice, I'd dumped the guy and find someone else. I'd love to get into detail about the whole thing, but I'm not gonna waste my time and energy doing it, so let me just give my overall opinion on the manga.

I dislike it. Mainly because the manga seems to have almost no other thing going on other than sex. There is little to no development of romance, and almost nothing else about it that makes me want to stick to it, other than the fact that I want to know what happens in the end. It's annoying. I'm sorry, but it really is. This is almost as bad as reading a PWP. I've read better yuri/yaoi/heterosexual/incestuous manga than this.

Characters (4/10)

Not much character development from most of the characters.

Aki Aoi

I feel like some of her actions make sense, and I do admire for being all 'I-don't-care-what-anyone-thinks', but I think she seriously needs to learn to control herself. Most people don't fuck someone in front of other people... whether or not they are asleep or awake. Also, because she's considered his girlfriend, shouldn't she know at least some of the activities that her boyfriend/brother has been up to?

Sora Aoi

I'm sorry, I gotta get this off of my chest. I'm really sorry if this offends anyone. Sora, I think you're a fucking, cheap bimbo. Seriously, I can handle anime guys who are wimpy or weak, but I can't stand this guy. He's just so... urgh! $*%! You don't fuck just anyone who forces you, baka! How can you fuck someone's girlfriend? Especially since it's your best friend's girlfriend. Even though, yes, your friend gave you permission, you should know better, because you already have Aki. And when Kana decided to give you a boobjob, you definitely don't just shut the fuck up and let her do it. Again, you have a fucking girlfriend, you douchebag. Also, why are you letting Satsuki have her way with you? You have a girlfriend, and I can't believe you actually accept her fucking around with you. You are such a lewd, senseless, and fucked-up person. Good girls like Kana don't deserve to love you. I bet I can even wave a whole bunch of prostitutes around and you'd probably fall on your knees and have them fuck their way with you. Guys like you really piss me off, and I'd rather go gay for a girl than date someone like you.

Nami Aoi

Some people might actually disagree with me, but I honestly don't think Nami's a really bad person. Her whole 'going-berserk' action did make sense. Some people can't control themselves when they're in love. I should know, since I can (slightly) relate to her situation. I felt like the whole rape thing was bad and didn't really make much sense. Why she'd rape Sora after Sora just had sex with Kana just so she could 'recieve' Kana's scent.. seems too bizarre. Also, I do admire her, because she tries to get Sora and Kana to hook up, even though she loves Kana. Judging by her personality, you'd also kind of expect for her to stop Kana from liking Sora, but it seems that it isn't the case. Her actions shows that she isn't unconscious of Kana's feelings for Sora. Of course, I just didn't like the way she handled the situation and raped her brother/nearly cut off her brother's dick. Plus, I don't like her brash personality; jumping into situations without actually considering her other options. If she had actually considered her other options, such as finally confessing to Kana, then maybe things wouldn't have turned out so bad. Nami is the only character that I felt really had any character development at all. In the beginning, she tends to have a stubborn, bold, reckless 'I-don't-give-a-shit' attitude, but around the time when Kana gives Sora a boobjob, Nami's character seems to have altered. She starts showing a more emotional and conflicted side to herself.

Satsuki

Too tired to find out her whole name. Sorry again for my rant. I fucking despise her. Aside from her hobby, I utterly dislike the way she just forces Sora to do anything she wants him to do. Also, I dislike the way she can just easily go to a party and fuck with an anonymous guy and lose her virginity. It makes her seem like a fucking slut. She doesn't even question whether or not he has a girlfriend and just has her way without him. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that she doesn't care whether or not he has a girlfriend.

Overall, I didn't like the potrayment of the characters. Some of them seem too bitchy, too slutty, or something else. Plus, most of the girls seem too eager to throw themselves onto Sora without thinking 'what if', so that makes me feel as if they're really mindless. As for Sora... he so needs to learn to stick to one girl and say no to the others. I can't find one character that I actually like and thinks about something than sex. Then again, what should I have expected from a harem? This is a great manga if you love smut in almost or every single chapter... not so much if you love other, more important things. So... my score's going to stay the same for now. I'm going to continue reading this and possibly update my review when I'm finished.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or