vinnievulgar's avatar

• Joined Dec 31, 2018
  • 23

Devilman: Crybaby

Jan 2, 2019

REALLY SUMMARIZED VERSION: This anime toys with your trust in people and makes you care about the characters in a deeper sense which is all wrapped up with world shattering cicumstances. Please give it your time and you (probably) won't regret it.

THIS SERIES IS GOD AWFUL-ly hard hitting. It punches you directly in the cry spot. Ok, maybe I should explain what I mean by this.

There is often very ridiculous animtion but it clearly tries to go for a style of it's own which is why I don't consider it a flaw in any way, shape, or form. The story of the series stays interesting all the way through with very little downpoints. It's actually quite suprising, as I am used to watching a series that at least has a veiw boring bits but this one caught my eye the entire time.

The plot is very religously inspired and focused on philisophical conniptions and issues. Ryo Asuka as a character at the beginning is stupid. I don't care what people say about the design and personality of him - he stands out like a mole on an old lady in contrast with the rest of the very real-world characters. The whole thing for him could have been done more accurately to the tone and mood. The relationship isn't built enough between Ryo and Akira at the beginning either although it does sorta do this afterward but it does it very jankily and haphazardly. This can be attributed to the fact of how difficult of a friendship it becomes for them though.

The way that Akira and Ryo begin to change the world around them subtley and slowly as it builds up is done masterfully. The pacing of this couldn't have been better.

The impact of everything becomes so earth shattering that it actually makes you rethink things. This is where the "cry spot" get's hit over...and over...and over and over and so on. This series toys with your trust in things and people, your own personal demons and problems, and fears in such a way that is not reveled to any other anime.

this anime is admittedly very hard to describe and reveiw but I would say go watch it! please, it's worth your time at the very least. Even if it doesn't hit you as much emotionally as it does with me and many other people.

REMEBER THIS IS JUST MY OPINION, leave your's in the comments :)

9.5/10 story

You must be logged in to leave comments. or