upsidepenguin's avatar

upsidepenguin

• Joined Aug 29, 2019
  • ?

Note: no hint of romance here, as of chapter 28, and perhaps I'd prefer it stays that way. I love the strong and funny FL. She's a competent vet who does everything in her power to treat her patients. I love her determination, genuine care, and love for capitalism lol. The story doesn't make her strongness in your face, actually. She's written like a shounen protagonist, where things just happen and she deals with it to the best she can.

The character relationships are so funny and wholesome too. I love all the characters that appear. The dragons, "cat", werewolf, fox, employee, rabbit, etc. have natural relationships with the protagonist. They talk like friends would, and I really love that dynamic.

A lot of stories just give us an occupation and make that a side plot in favour of romance or something else as the main plot. This is different. I could really get a sense of what FL does in her everyday vet life and the author's love for animals. The story really involves the vet aspect, and that's something I like to see.

There are chapters that make me cry and chapters that make me laugh so hard. It's a well-written and well-paced story. It keeps my attention at all times.

I really enjoy the fantasy aspect as well. Great illustrations! Love its colours.

Give it a try. First chapter already made me laugh my head off, metaphorically. It is such a rare treat to find a fantasy story with a female protagonist, with romance not being the center of the story!!! Please recommend me some similar stories, if you know of some.