upsidepenguin's avatar

upsidepenguin

• Joined Aug 29, 2019
  • ?

This story has an interesting premise that's been carried out well.

The adventure and fantasy tags truly come first. The world-building, SpaceshipXHistorical, is interesting. And this time, the two worlds are in the same dimension with each other (though they are unaware of each other), so our main character actually has the chance to go home.

The romance is gradual... actually, up until now (chapter 45), there hasn't been much romantic escalations. It's been the gradual building of alliance and friendship, which is refreshing to see in a person-in-a-strange-world setting.

The female lead is strong, and I like her interactions with the male lead, especially their banter. They're both interesting characters, though quite stereotypical in the strong-female-lead-and-mysterious-undefeatable-male-lead archetypes. But the stereotype in this story is done well, so I don't see much of a problem in that, as this is still a highly enjoyable story.

The supporting characters are quite dense... or time will tell. They do find it strange that our female lead stares into space and says almost prophetic things, but they dismiss it as her being weird or on the amnesia. The villains are alright, and they're getting more interesting. I might change this review to a more positive tone (though this is quite a positive review already) as the plot unravels.

The art is great. I especially like the way fingers were drawn. There were actual bumps and realistic features of a finger drawn, in contrast to some manga's long smooth dainty fingers for all characters. The characters' facial features are defining as well, with them having different eye shapes the most noticeable.

I recommend you give this a try. Overall, it's a well-written manhwa that keeps you interested in what's going to happen next.

8.5/10 characters