upsidepenguin's avatar

• Joined Aug 29, 2019
  • ? / F

Bring the Love

Nov 26, 2020

A ROMANTIC MANHWA WITH ACTUAL COMMUNICATION!!!

The art isn't the best but the story is one of the best historical romance manwhas I've read. The relationship is so wholesome, and, I don't know how to explain why, but it's a natural relationship.

The male lead, Roxant, isn't a shove-it-in-the-readers'-face chockful amount of righteousness or extreme tsundere. He's not possessive, and is a rational person. He cares about his partner, and is respectful. And when I say respectful, I mean actual respect, not just the faux respect you see in so many romantic mangas where the male lead says "I acknowledge you are your own person and can protect yourself... but I'm still going to stalk you everywhere, because I care about you that much!"

The female lead, Leah, isn't a shove-it-in-the-readers'-face "I'm a strong female lead because of my sword-fighting skills!", but a person whose independence and rational thinking actually shows through actions. Both the characters felt very organic to me. Yes, there were love rivals, but our leads are secure about themselves and communicate with each other, and therefore are secure about each other. There's the trust. Gosh, I love the dynamics so much.

Also, the LGBTQ+ representation and side relationships are gold.

The story proceeds naturally too, with the other characters so wholesome. The supportive relationship between siblings is so refreshing, and I love it.

8.5/10 art