upsidepenguin's avatar

• Joined Aug 29, 2019
  • ?

Adonis

Aug 29, 2019

If you're looking for a strong female protaganist, you should read this manga. Ianna is a brilliant swordswoman, but not to the point of being a Mary Sue. I like her flaws and her backstory. When people look down on her, she gets up and proves them wrong. What I like about the romance is that the characters don't dance around each other too much and the relationship progresses naturally. Another bonus is the absence of a love triangle.

Although the the protagonists don't officially meet until around chapter 70, the male protaganist, Arhad, still appears enough (not including flashbacks) that we don't forget about him and makes us interested in his character even more, e.g. scenes where he secretly watched over Ianna or visited her when she was hurt by a minotaur. Their "unofficial" encounters are interesting enough to make me like their relationship. They officially meet and recognise each other in around chapter 70, which could be considered a bit slow paced, but personally I think the story pans out better this way and introduces the characters to us gradually. After officially meeting, they see each other a lot more and the relationship progresses even better.

The supporting characters are built well and have depth. The fantasy element is prominent and I think the manga has believable world building. The action and fighting scenes are satisfactory. Personally, I think the art is good. I love the colours and how clean it is. Overall, I'm satisfied with the manga, this is one of my favourite reincarnation mangas. I'm excited to see how the story will continue. As of now, it has around 103 chapters.