upsidepenguin's avatar

• Joined Aug 29, 2019
  • ?

Inner Beauty

Dec 5, 2021

Premise sounded interesting but characters were not written well. ML is an asshole with a sad background and MC is a pushover.

The soulmate thing sounded interesting, but it read like a plot device to make up for the instantaneous attraction MC felt for ML. I could understand if it was attraction, but they called it "liking". How could you like a person if you've never talked to each other? The instant liking thing felt way too convenient to enjoy. And the relationship development after that didn't convince me to root for their relationship either.

Spoilers on ML's behaviour:

Background: Father never wanted ML and father dated around with many people. ML wants to take revenge: get famous and also announce to the world that he never wanted his father.

Action: Knowingly cheats with ML's ex-girlfriend while knowing she was already with MC. Half-assedly apologises for that. Then he sexually harasses MC in chapter 18 when MC says "Leave". ML is an asshole throughout story and says "pls forgive mehh" and MC forgives him just like that.

Onto MC:

He's written, whether intentionally or unintentionally, to be way too nice. I don't like to read stories where the main character is taken advantage of and that's instead portrayed as some kind of comedic, cutesy wolf-bunny relationship.

Drama was also irritating to read as I feel like it was drama just for the sake of drama. I like conflict, but only when it actually has some *substance*. I don't exactly know how to describe, but it's just not my type of drama. The drama felt cooked up and the antagonists were annoying. The psychological bitchslapping was mildy satisfying to read though.

I was really looking forward to an interesting body switch story, but both leading characters were too irritating for me to read on.

Dropped at Chapter 28. Couldn't continue onto Season 2 as I smelled a third person written as a love rival to ML