tollie01's avatar

tollie01

• Netherlands
  • Joined Jan 16, 2011

First some items I need to adress. I'm Dutch to expect some spelling errors, if they are to annoying just message me and I'll fix it.

My opinion may vary from others and this is fine. People are different so there is a good chance that I will not like what you love. Deal with it. I'm not telling you that you should hate it too, I'm telling you why I didn't like it.

I'll try to keep swearing to a minimum but fail utterly on occasion. In general it is the more the anime pisses me off the more I swear so watch out for the low scored ones.

Art: Art is excellent. As usual it is very hard to screw up these days with the computer enhanced graphics. I wasn't to bothered by the CGI so there is that.

Sound: No real complaints actually, it's pretty ok. Voice actors are good and I don't remember any music either. This is how I generally prefer my anime.

Characters: The main character is Glen Radars. As a child he dreamt of becoming a warrior of justice but after learing how the world really works became a recluse. He is forced to become a teacher and tries hard to get fired.

Sistine is a young mage who greatly cares for her craft and is incenced by Glen's lackluster attitude. She constantly hounds him to take his job seriously.

Rumia is adopted by Sistine's parents and are best friends who support each other through thick and thin. She will go through great lengths to protect those she cares about.

Story. After becoming disillusioned with the world, Glen Radars, starts to live as a recluse untill his mentor gets fed up with him. She forces him to become a replacement teacher at her school where she teaches. While Glen is half assing his way through class his students try to puch him in taking his job seriously. Sistine is particular is hounding him hard and thinks that he is a waste of space. Things change when terrorists attack the school and appear to be after her friend Rumia and Glen is the only one in their path. Fortunately Glen is more than he appears.

Rant. This anime sucks. It has some good ideas with some decent characters but it squanders everything by its sloppy execution, bad plots and general incompetence.

The anime is 12 episodes long and contains about 4 story arcs and each is riddled with plot holes or basic character stupidity because the plot demands it. I could list them all but I don't want to waste anymore time on this.

As usual the death blow comes from those infamous words on the DVD cover that strike horror and terror in my heart: Complete collection!

Yes, this is once again one of those fuck you's from studios where they create an anime that contains the very start of a series and then just stop. If you want to see or know more then please buy the manga or the light novel this was based on. Fortunately for me I have no intention of ever seeking out the rest of this shit. The one curiosity I had about what the fuck Akashic Record means was taken out behind the shed and shot.