tollie01's avatar

• Netherlands
  • Joined Jan 16, 2011

Re-Kan!

Jun 25, 2017

Right, it's confession time for me. If you have been reading my reviews than you may have noticed that I tend to rip the anime a new one. There is a reason for this though and it has to do with the fact that I can't turn my brain off when watching anime. I can't ignore the stupid shown in the anime and this is a problem as most anime are very stupid indeed.

In this case I'm not talking about a 90 pound girl catching a multi-ton cruise missile and throwing it back. Yes, it is stupid but it is a stupid that I'll allow. It's anime. Things like this are normal here and I'm pretty much fine with it. It annoys me to be sure but I will not rant about it.

So, having explained this lets rip into this anime shall we? Just a heads up: There will most probably be spoilers. The more I hate an anime the more spoilers there will be.

ART: The art is decent enough but this is hard to screw up these days. No real complaints here, nothing bad but also nothing special either.

SOUND: Again no complaints from me. They did what they had to do but I can't remember any of them.

CHARACTERS: Main character is the Hibiki. She sees dead people.

STORY:  Hibiki is a highschool girl with the ability to see spirits. While she tries to adjust to living in a new city and a new school the people around her try to deal with her ability.

RANT: This anime was boring, very very boring. You have this amazing concept of a highschool girl who sees dead people and they do nothing with it. Almost nothing happens in the anime.

The first episode sets it up that she can see dead people and the way people around her react. This takes about 5 minutes so they repeat it again and again in the same episode.

So maybe episode 2 will start the ball running and the plot going? Nope. We get introduced to the rest of the cast, who are all in her class and nothing else happens.

Episode 3 then? No, not really.

I could keep going but basically nothing much happens. She does help ghosts but nothing becomes of it. You would think that they would move on after getting their last desire fulfilled but not really. They pretty much pop up in the next scene and stay with her for the rest of the anime.

This anime is a waste of potential with weak comedy and a non-existing plot. To be fair I didn't need a plot with an arc but have at least something interesting happen.