teasbees's avatar

• Down Under
  • Joined Mar 8, 2017

The World Yamizukan

Apr 14, 2018

I honestly wanted to like this, I really did. But my first thought when I saw the first episode was what the actual what? The animation was pretty terrible, the story was bad and I was left more confused than when I started it.

But let me explain.

The idea of The World Yamizukan is that it's a collection of short horror stories, complete with either animation or pictures. Most run about five minutes, so it's a good choice if you want something to fill your spare time, but terrible if you want something worthwhile to fill that time.

I'm going to reiterate what I said before - it's terrible. When there is animation, it's usually atrocious or extremely odd, and when there's not, the acting is terrible (look to episode 07 - The Innocent Clown - for an example). The stories aren't something to keep you up at night, but I will give them props because the guy doing the readings has a pretty fantastic voice to give you shivers. The characters don't have any substance to them (but that is to be expected of a collection of short stories).

So, the things I did like, out of the many I didn't, were the narrators voice - a rather deep, husky voice that would put me to sleep and give me nightmares whilst doing so - and somehow the ending theme song. I think that's the only thing that'll get me through the episodes, honestly.

OVERALL: This is worth watching for something to waste your time and to say you've seen it. If you want substance, good animation and character development, look elsewhere.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or