starsandback's avatar

• Joined Apr 19, 2020
  • ? / F

The Soulless Duchess

Apr 25, 2020

The story starts off with your typical aristocrat suffering from an abusive household, her wanting to escape from it by proposing a loveless marriage with another noble, and the two eventually falling in love --- despite agreeing not to in the first place. Although it's very similar to other manhwas, I continued reading it in hopes of falling in love with the characters, but for the first 30 chapters or so, I could not find myself charmed by the protagonist.

She is bland. The title The Duchess with an Empty Soul is not about her having an empty soul from her past but her being such a bland and empty character. (I'm referring to her as she because I still cannot remember her name because of how flat her character is.) The only charming thing about her is her fighting ability which is showcased later on in the manhwa, but even that's getting old.

The artwork is fine, but it's not amazing. I wish they gave some more oomph to the MC's art because the lackluster art is only emphasizing how bland she is.

Overall, if you're looking to find a manhwa to read in your spare time, this isn't a bad choice. I just wouldn't have high expectations.