sparkest's avatar

sparkest

• Joined Oct 3, 2021
  • ?

There are 4 things I really hate when they are included into modern entertainment, whether its a tv show, an anime, or a hollywood blockbuster.  1.) Annoying protagonists, 2.) When the plot moves forward by a character picking up the idiot ball and holding for dear life, 3.) an overbearing musical soundtrack that tries to force your emotional state by being loud, and 4.) jump cut shaky-cam action scenes.  Now and Then, Here and There hits 3 out of the 4 of my pet peeves.  Its a real shame because the setting is excellent and the story pulls no punches with regard to subject matter.  The annoying protagonist is a dumbass.  "oh no, i'm in a situation where a bunch of soldiers are going to kill innocent civilians?  I know, I'll attack them 1 on 30 with a stick.  Thats sure to work.  Oh no, now I'm shot and going to be tortured again."  Almost the whole cast has intense idiocy moments because thats how the plot moves forward.  The intense subject matter makes a bit of slog to get through, but this crap makes it so much worse.  I've only been watching bits and pieces over the course of months and finally finished it out spite.