skankfish's avatar

• Joined Jan 8, 2010
  • 40

Plastic Little

Sep 17, 2010

This is an absolute classic.

The premise is fairly interesting - some girl, Tita, is the captain of a spaceship which collects rare animals. Nice idea, which turns out not to be the focus of the OAV at all. Tita saves a girl who just happens to be being hunted by some evil guys. The chase begins!

But that doesn't matter, because the real charm and brilliance of this anime doesn't lie in the dodgy story, bad music or waifs of character personalities. It's in the most beautiful and stunningly designed breasts in anime. That's right; the reason I've watching this dozens of times in the last dozen or so years is the awesome tits. Satoshi Urushihara is the king of drawing truly beautiful female characters. Not just the boobs, the whole character is stunning, and invariably beautifully coloured.

His manga and limited anime is peppered with such beautiful women. If you thought there was no such thing as hentai without rape and general mysogeny then check out his Another Lady Innocent anime.

But this is far from hentai, it's just eye-candy, and I love it. Even Jonathon Ross has admitted his love from this one!

You must be logged in to leave comments. or

LinkSword Jul 27, 2011

I can't help but agree with this. When Tita first showed up in screen, I thought ''well, would you look at that, a 90s OVA character that not only isn't ugly but also extremely cute''. When Tits first appeared, I thought ''oh my god now those are some awesomely drawn breasts''. The animation really is great for its time, but it has also aged very well.

I want to think that's not the only thing the OVA has to offer though. I'm 13 minutes in and story-wise it looks kind of interesting... and even better if you compare it to other OVAs of this time period.

firemage Dec 28, 2010

Hey great review, it's like you read my mind.

I thought they did an amazing job with it considering they only had 48 minutes to work with.

It was also pretty much the pinnacle of animation in its time too. Nothing compared back in '94.