sinfuego's avatar

sinfuego

• Joined May 2, 2019
  • 26

I like to describe myself as Isekai trash, so no one will be surprised when I recommend stuff like this. However, I do have standards. Or so I tell myself anyway.

Reincarnated as a Sword is good. It's not exactly subversive...but it's not standard either. While the main character (the sword) is a bit OP, it's never (at least so far) to the point where they completely overpower their opponents with ease (unless they are literal trash mobs). In this book at least, they actually had to use strategy in order to fight their opponent, which was refreshing, to say the least.

The characters are also simple, but effective. Charming would be the word I would use. I really love the relationship between the sword and his weilder, where it's like a parent looking after a child. Except the parent is a literal sword.

All in all, a decent, solid book. It's not revolutionary, but it's not stock standard either. Isekai trash like me will love it, but I also think there is something for people that don't usually read Isekai. Give it a go, see what you think.