robFLD's avatar

• Joined Jun 25, 2020
  • 20

Gantz:G

Oct 25, 2020

Very simple, 18 chapters, typical Gantz set-up, nothing crazy but very entertaining and good to read.

The premise, as I said, is very typical for Gantz, this time focussing on a group of students that died in a bus accident and were then sent to a Gantz room.

After arriving, they meet two players that have already cleared the game multiple times and are trained by them in order to become stronger.

The new characters are mostly girls, and not even overly sexualized ones at that, which was very refreshing to see in the Gantz verse.

These girls all get a little fleshed out, but obviously not that much since its only 18 chapters after all, but enough to actually care about them, their conflicts both inside the team and in their own private lives, as well as rooting for them to clear the missions.

I really dont have to talk about the artwork , as Gantz is known for having fantastic panels, a great amount of detail and spectacular monster designs with every single chapter, be it the original work or a spin-off.

Overall, this story is pretty fun to read, wonderful to look at thanks to the outstanding artwork, and just a very solid, slightly above average piece of fiction.

I would rate it higher, but 18 chapters is fairly short, plus its a spin-off of the original story (which is a solid 9.75-10/10), so my score stands.