raiokai's avatar

• England
  • Joined Jan 1, 2019

Granblue Fantasy The Animation

Aug 17, 2019

Everything about Granblue Fantasy The Animation is extremely typical and very generic... yet somehow, it was still enjoyable and I actually really liked it. Something about the series drew me to keep watching, and I’m glad I did because it’s a good watch.

Castle Town Dandelion

Jul 29, 2019

Castle Town Dandelion is a fun and lighthearted watch about family, loyalty and personal growth. There are plenty of laughs, but I was also surprised at the heartwarming backstories some of these characters have - and they all have unique personalities! There will definitely be at least one character you will grow to love! Give it a watch!

The Rising of the Shield Hero

Jul 12, 2019

I wasn’t entirely sure if I was going to like this series, as at first glance, it seems very typical... a teenage otaku is summoned to another world, where he is expected to become one of four cardinal heroes and save their world from destruction. Simple enough, I can think of numerous anime with a similar plot. However, I really enjoyed it and it kept me hooked throughout. It takes a different path with it’s storyline than most other series. The characters are extremely well written - Naofumi is not annoyingly overpowered, and his guild are so loveable (Raphtalia has become one of my... See full review

7.5/10 story
7.5/10 sound

Classroom of the Elite

Jun 18, 2019

A great start, but a weak and abrupt ending. This anime has good qualities - beautiful and smooth animation, interesting characters... the first half of the season was very good. The storyline, although typical, was still engaging (I could be biased though, as I am a fan of this genre). The class trip seems to be the arch which led the show to go downhill in quality. It was very rushed, and led the show to have a very abrupt end. I imagine there is a season two intended, but it doesn’t explain the sudden rush of the story - there should have been more episodes focused on this trip. There is still... See full review

Recovery of an MMO Junkie

Jun 10, 2019

Wholesome. One of my favourite game-based anime series out there. So many adorable and lovable characters, with beautiful animation. It was funny throughout but had a lot of heartfelt moments in the last few episodes. I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this - I watched it in one day!

Beyond the Boundary

Jun 7, 2019

Started off very interesting and I loved the characters (voice actors were very good). However, I soon lost interest as the plot kind of dragged and Kuriyama started to annoy me. There are some good moments in the series, though, and the animation is very beautiful!

Guilty Crown

May 19, 2019

Although it was a little slow and typical at times, I did enjoy this series.  Some characters could’ve had some better writing - like Inori. She’s definitely waifu material and her design is beautiful, but she’s a bit bland. However, I loved the fact that Shu isn’t a stereotypical over-powered male; he actually worked for his power and even then, he did face a lot of setbacks. The plot does have a few holes in it but it did manage to give me a few shockers, where I ended up like “WTF?!”. *Cough* Hare *cough*. One of the main strengths about Guilty Crown... See full review

High Speed! -Free! Starting Days-

Apr 23, 2019

I’m so glad I finally watched this! It was a lot deeper than I expected, and I was so happy to see more of Kisumi! I enjoyed the new characters and the further development/insight of Haru and Makoto’s relationship. The boys personalities worked so well together and there were plenty of funny moments alongside the emotional elements of the story.

In Another World With My Smartphone

Apr 16, 2019

The first couple of episodes were promising, but it ended up just being another show with a generic plot and generic characters. Absolutely none of the characters have any depth to them... the show basically adds a new female character every episode or two to fawn over Touya. The only difference to other anime (see: Danmachi and Asterisk War) is that the girls aren’t jealous of each other and collectively decide to get engaged to him (one of them is 12). Touya is way too overpowered, but I initially was willing to oversee that as God giving him extra power to make up for it. It ended up just being... See full review

My Roommate is a Cat

Apr 11, 2019

I know it’s only April, but this is, and will be, the best anime of 2019. It’s the perfect slice of life, with a bit of comedy and plenty of heart wrenching moments. I also found it very relatable, as I had found myself in a similar situation as Subaru a few years back. It felt very rewarding to see the relationship between Subaru and Haru develop, and how much joy it brought into his life. It was very interesting (and cute!) seeing things from Haru’s perspective as well.
“I have my own little world, but now other people’s worlds are flowing into it and mine grows, little... See full review

Assassination Classroom 2nd Season

Apr 7, 2019

Wow... even better than the first season. It had so many heartfelt moments, character development and plot twists! It ended in the perfect way, I was sobbing throughout the last two episodes. And I got the closure I didn’t even know I needed! If you haven’t already, you need to give Assassination Classroom a watch!

Assassination Classroom

Apr 5, 2019

I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed Assassination Classroom. The first episode had me feeling like I would drop it quickly, but I’m so glad I kept watching! This anime is hilarious and silly, but also has some really deep moments. I didn’t think the characters had much depth to them until about half way through the season, where they became more confident in their abilities and comfortable with each other. I definitely recommend!

Sword Oratoria: Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side

Mar 24, 2019

Basically season one but what Aiz Wallenstein and the Loki familia were up to when they were off screen. It is very clearly a filler and does not live up to the first season, but if Aiz is your waifu you will certainly enjoy it.

See full review

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Mar 23, 2019

There are a lot of similarities with other anime of this genre, such as Sword Art Online and Asterisk War, but if you’re a fan of these then you’d probably like it. My main issue is that Bell is yet another ‘flawless’ male protagonist who becomes one of the most powerful characters in the show within a couple of episodes and has every female character pining after him. Despite this, it was an enjoyable watch with a good although typical storyline, decent characters (I especially love Hestia!!) and stunning animation.

Arashi no Yoru ni: Himitsu no Tomodachi

Feb 24, 2019

So, obviously it doesn’t have a patch on the original movie, but I thought this show was very sweet. The opening and closing songs were BOPS! And although the character animation is a bit stiff, the scenery is very beautiful.  I have a lot to say about the characters and have mixed feelings... so they made Mei a girl, which I didn’t like, but as the show progressed, I found that she was still my favourite character and she is so cute! As for Gabu, his personality and appearance was changed completely; he is a goofball and much more gentle looking and sounding. I still like him but I feel... See full review

Arashi no Yoru ni

Feb 23, 2019

Wow! I love everything about Arashi no Yoru ni. The animation is very unique compared to usual anime styles; the scenery and characters have a lot of detail, and funny moments are still consistent and well done. The story, although a relatively simple concept, shows themes of friendship, survival and social structure and had me very emotional at times. I can’t wait to watch it again!

See full review

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.

Feb 17, 2019

This anime was surprisingly entertaining to watch. At first I thought the characters were kind of annoying but after about 8 episodes I saw how funny it is! It can also be quite heartwarming at times. I would definitely recommend this to someone who wants an easy, lighthearted and hilarious watch.

Violet Evergarden

Feb 10, 2019

Wow...... Violet Evergarden was so touching..... I cried like a bitch so many times. It made me so happy and so sad, Violet’s character developed and progressed so well. Plus, the animation is beautiful!

Little Witch Academia TV

Jan 29, 2019

There was a suprising amount of depth to this anime, and even had me feeling emotional at times (especially during the finale). The development of many characters (Akko, Diana, Ursula and Andrew in particular) was great and the animation is so pretty! I have a feeling I will be watching this again!

The Asterisk War

Jan 18, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this series. The animation is beautiful and I love the three main girls! I especially love Julis, she is badass and can protect herself, but also a sweetie! That being said, the main character, Ayato, is definitely a Mary Sue - it’s like he has no flaws and he’s a typical main male lead in a fighting anime. I don’t dislike him though. Overall, I’d definitely recommend if you like this genre of anime.

Amnesia

Jan 6, 2019

This anime makes absolutely no sense and I have no idea why I watched the whole thing. The main character is really annoying and I just wanted to shake her when she was being dumb the whole time. The ending was extremely disappointing. It’s a shame really because the story itself has a lot of potential.... don’t waste your time

Seraph of the End

Jan 5, 2019

Best anime I’ve seen in a while! I watched the entire two seasons in two days as it had me hooked! Very interesting storyline, although I can see why some people say it has more potential, as there are probably some really exciting things they could’ve done with the plot. Also, animation is so good!! The characters are also really well written. There is good character development for Yuu, and I felt so bad for Yuu and Mika! Also I feel bad for liking some of the bad guys (actual well written villains!), but hate them at the same time! I would definitely recommend this anime.