paprikart's avatar

• Joined Jul 11, 2021
  • 22

Asterisk (Shino TORINO)

Jun 26, 2022

Still 50/50 with the ending but if sensei is happy then Im good. And Nanao is way too dashing so I'll forgive him for being a jackass.

Stranger

Jun 22, 2022

My expectation on this one was kinda big since the premise looks promising but was kinda left dissaponited. The characters were bleak and shallow, it's the kind of story that has a unique setting for BL but the story failed to deliver, it felt short and bland.

Stigmata: Aikon

May 5, 2022

I'm still in doubt whether this one is really bl because vol 1 felt like watching Texas chainsaw massacre with all the blood and gore; and everything was so rushed that there wasn't even enough time to build up the relationship between the leads.  But vol 2 really took its time, I like how the author focuses on just one storyline unlike with vol 1, so there's much more time to develop their relationship. The feelings between them felt really sweet and natural that it's impossible not to root for them. Though I'm not really sure how it'll hold out because things only progressed between them with the... See full review

Stigmata: Seikon Sousa

May 4, 2022

This must have been one of the most unique and interesting bl manga I've read in a while. It doesn't even feel like bl, this is pure seinen. (Yes, there wasn't even a hint of attraction between the leads in vol 1) But still it's a great psychological thriller that reminds me so much of memories of murder. This actually has the potential to be adapted into a LA series.  Aside from the story, the art style was unique, especially the scenes where Asako was dying which was horrifying to look at yet I can't help to be mesmerized at how beautifully it was illustrated. Like there was some kind of... See full review

Spin Out

May 3, 2022

Warning Tags❗❗❗ NSFW, HEAVY BDSM, VIOLENCE, TORTURE, RAPE, SEXUAL ASSAULT If you have a low tolerance for any of the tags above please do not read it and give it a low rating just because it did not fit to your moral standard, remember you're reading yaoi, lads, a work of fiction and fantasy. Don't spoil the mood for people enjoying the thrill of reading stories like this.  For the review, this one contains very explicit content, that most of the time the thin line between rape and bdsm gets blurry. There is no romance in the story, just two awful and unlikable characters... See full review

From Green Kitchen

Apr 21, 2022

This bl story was so sweet, simple and short, it made me go hungry at the end. The downside I think was how fast everything was happening and the characters fell flat and bland.

Dining Bar Akira

Apr 10, 2022

The fear and anxiety of keeping a relationship last can be dreadful. There's no grand scheme to keeping it steady, the truth is if you both like each other then that's good enough to make it last.

Ginza Neon Paradise

Apr 10, 2022

I'm always a sucker for period bl mangas and this def hit the note. It's a slow mature love story between a stubborn and a patient man. The story is well paced, but it felt like a long read at times. If you're into historical drama and mature men then you should definitely give this a try!

Inexperienced and in Love

Apr 3, 2022

Lowkey died with "Don't fold it!" but it was such a fun read to kill time, nana is so cute and awkward!

Monotone Blue

Apr 2, 2022

It's almost 2am here and I can't stop giggling at how adorable these characters are!! First let me talk about the story, this was 50 percent much more interesting than the usual yaoi I've read these days and I'm not even into furries. The first 5 chapters were so gentle and pure. It reminded me so much of doukyuusei, what aoi and hachi had was so genuine and sweet, I want them to keep that relationship forever. But the story took the usual yaoi trope with chapters 6-9. It was dark and I don't want to spoil the feeling but please protect aoi at all cost, I just want my poor baby lizard to find happiness. The... See full review

Double Section

Mar 31, 2022

The story focused more on their profession, it can be lengthy at times but I learned a few things about sales, auditing and insurance. Lol not something I usually read in yaoi but the author really did a background study on this heh. Not much can be said about the characters though their relationship was very healthy and supportive.

Chicken Heart Serenade

Mar 30, 2022

This was such a nicely executed story about growth and acceptance, there's not too much drama. The relationship between the characters felt natural and mature, you can't help but root for them until the end because their chemistry was just undeniably good! Also, the artstyle look so pretty, I'm weak for hiromichi's profile!

Gaps

Mar 30, 2022

I love BL stories set in an office with yandere characters and men over 30s and this one just fits the list! I've only just read vol. 1. I'm praying to the BL gods that a scantrans group pick vol. 2-5 (and other Tsubame sensei's work) because this is such a hidden gem!

Super Natural

Mar 29, 2022

This is adorable omg, and the way the author draws the small gestures and touches between them was really sweet! Nothing really grand about the story just your normal college student life mix with cute romance. Omw to read v2!

Toriaezu Kiss Shite Kudasai

Mar 28, 2022

First part got me giggling, it was too cute and wholesome! Second part got me wreck and in shambles, felt like I've been punched in the heart. But it was such a short read, I want more!

Sex at the Ends of the Earth

Mar 21, 2022

Poor uke suffered so much, I just want him to be happy. For the story, it was run of the mill yaoi but somehow got a satisfying ending. Content warning tho it's still yaoi so prepare for rape, bdsm, drugs, etc.

A Declaration of Revenge

Mar 20, 2022

Just when its getting good, I can't find eng trans chapter 6 and so on. Its been years now, please someone pick it up, I can't find this on Lezhin anymore. Love author's artstyle so much (Unlucky Mansion) and was surprise they made a manga style webtoon.

Contrast

Mar 20, 2022

This is such a sweet story about second chances and redemption but it's kinda slow paced at times and I'm more interested with Kanata's friends than the mc. Hope Mizuki and Jun end up!!

Private Stripper

Mar 13, 2022

I'd be honest the cover really fooled me but damn this was really sweet and steamy!! The uke is gorgeous! And those dances were an eye feast!

7.8/10 overall

How to Hate Mate

Mar 12, 2022

Probably the only BL manhwa I've binge read till the end. It's such a mess, everyone's a wreck, getting drunk and hooking up and I love it, perfectly describes what it's like being in your 20's. It's a weird age where we're neither kids nor adults yet. It's a free space where we're free to love who we want and act recklessly and selfishly. We regret our actions later then make the same mistakes again and again until experience forces us to mature because who wants to get hurt all the time? We're free to let go of the things that only brings us pain. So if you're still stuck with your Hyunwoo, I wish you... See full review

Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu

Mar 6, 2022

Holy crap, gorgeous art!! There's gotta be more, it can't end there. Please give me more chapters!!

Mood Indigo

Feb 28, 2022

My favorite of the series. The story, pacing, character development, and chemistry was just great! Marikudo sensei did a terrific job in writing an unrequited relationship. This is not a love story. It's about two flawed characters pushing each other on the breaking point. Their story hurts because a love that doesn't know how to sacrifice is already doomed from the beginning.  But that aside I think the live action was far more superior than the source, so do check that out! The chemistry of the actors was just damn.

17 Seito

Feb 27, 2022

Such a quiet unrequited love story. It's so nice to read BL that doesn't excuse sexual harassment and trauma, made the story feel much more natural.

Give Me a Nickname.

Feb 24, 2022

Minor spoiler** A model who wants to be loved, and an eccentric artist who adores him but who's not very affectionate. It's a deep and romantic story between two mature and complex characters. I can only think of few words that best describe their relationship but I think this sentence from the manga perfectly explains it, "even if the Sun fell in love with Jupiter, a star can never orbit a planet"

Natsu ni Tokeru Himitsu no Koi

Feb 24, 2022

Minor spoiler** The misunderstandings and coincidences here were ridiculously unbelievable that it annoys me to that extent. I feel bad for the mc knowing the reason for his trauma was something that embarrassing. Would like to see more of the second couple though. I'd say the art and consent were one of the saving grace in the story, but other than that it was nice.

Illumination

Feb 21, 2022

A series of short stories that'll guarantee to make you sad. This could have been better if the characters would stop denying their sexuality (the usual yaoi trope "Im not gay but you're an exception") It's an old collection but I still think it could have taken a better approach in gender and sexaulity. But still this was really sad especially the 1st one, still need answers!!

Tsuzuki wa Asa Made

Feb 19, 2022

Wah my heart! It's so rare to find a bl manga with a good love triangle without the semes acting like a douche (Im actually on team Sagara on this one lol). And I like how the characters act like real highschool teenagers being goofy, curious and insecure, it made their story feel more natural. Update: there's actually a spin-off about Sagara, aight Imma read that now

A Friendship Gone Too Far

Feb 18, 2022

Would like to see more of the second couple tho, but this was really sweet and steamy. And the art style is really clean and nice

Okaeri Aureole

Feb 17, 2022

Too adorable, my heart! Simple and sweet high school BL stories are always the best! It felt like a trip down a memory lane, so nostalgic. And that's why the art style look so familiar, it's from Takamatsu sensei from Skip and loafer (my fave manga)

Gatapishi

Feb 16, 2022

I love Niboshiko sensei's works especially this one and Adana o Kure, its unusual yet very interesting. It's the usual storyline/theme yet they gave it a twist of their own storytelling that made it unique and memorable. The artstyle is raw and beautiful, it's very mesmerizing especially the eyes.  Anyway give this one a go if you're tired of your usual highschool BL, it'll be worth it. And Ano is such a puppy, protect him at all cost!