otaku84's avatar

• Joined Aug 30, 2019
  • ? / F

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro

Jul 23, 2021

To be honest, after watching the first episode I wrote off Nagatoro as a sadistic bitch. However, as the show progressed and her relationship with the main character deepened, I realized that she was just bad at expressing her feelings. Despite the raunchy humor, I loved watching the sparks fly as she teased the ML--falling in love with him in the process. Even if you're not an ecchi fan, I encourage you to give this show a chance, if only for the adorable characters! You won't regret it.

Shadows House

Jul 9, 2021

Until I watched this show, I never imagined that an anime could be so heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. A lot of people have compared it to The Promised Neverland--personally, I like Shadows House better. In my opinion, it does a better job of illustrating the relationships between the characters as well as making them relatable to viewers. Not to mention, Emilico is freaking adorable! There's also more than enough creepiness to satisfy my inner horror junkie and plot twists that keep you guessing without being too confusing. I can't wait for season 2!

Horimiya

May 30, 2021

I absolutely adore Horimiya. Not only is the relationship between the main couple super sweet, I love how the show doesn't focus solely on them but elaborates on the supporting characters as well. Not to mention the animation is gorgeous! *SPOILER ALERT* To be honest, one of the main reasons I didn't give Horimiya a 10/10 is because Yuki and Toru didn't get together. They're so perfect for each other!

The Quintessential Quintuplets

Apr 14, 2021

Let me preface this by saying that, as a straight female, I rarely (if ever) watch harem anime. However, I gave this show a chance--and loved it. Not only do the girls have quirky and adorable personalities, but the main character treats them like actual human beings instead of groping them/falling face first into their boobs/trying to peep on them in the bath. I also appreciated that none of the girls fall for him at first sight, but rather come to like/respect the MC over time (the way it works in the real world). So, even if harem anime isn't your thing, give this one a chance. You won't be... See full review

MM!

Aug 6, 2020

I don't usually watch harem anime, but I found this show to be a refreshing change from the perverted and/or totally bland MC who has several girls drooling over him for no apparent reason. It was nice to see an MC who treated his love interests with respect rather than constantly trying to get in their pants (or skirts, as the case may be). That said, the show is ecchi, which means it's more than a little raunchy--so watch at your own risk. Still, even if you're not into S & M, it's good for a laugh!

Amagi Brilliant Park

Jun 16, 2020

This show can be bizarre and occasionally raunchy. If someone walks in on you, you'll have a hard time explaining what the hell you're watching! Still, the character development is good and the story is compelling. The main character starts out as a self-absorbed jerk and ends up being a decent guy. The comedy isn't bad, either.

Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun

Apr 11, 2020

I was a little hesitant to watch this show at first, since the title made it sound kind of perverted. Luckily, Hanako-kun is a sweet and colorful anime--a real gem. The characters are quirky yet adorable; and the animation is lovely. While the show can be dark at times, it has more than enough humor to make up for the sad moments. I'm psyched for the second season!

As Miss Beelzebub Likes.

Dec 5, 2019

A sweet and fluffy show. It's the perfect palate cleanser after you've watched something intense or depressing. I laughed out loud more than once, which is rare for me.

9.5/10 story

Devils' Line

Nov 21, 2019

Anzai and Tsukasa are the cutest couple ever! And the plot doesn't disappoint, either. Definitely worth a watch if you're looking for something a bit more exciting than your typical romance anime.

9.5/10 story

Made in Abyss

Nov 15, 2019

Don't let its childish exterior fool you--this show is a real tearjerker! That being said, Made In Abyss also has a compelling plot and loveable characters you'll be rooting for until the very end. (Well, except for Ozen.) Not to mention, Reg and Riko's relationship is adorable!

Hanasakeru Seishounen

Nov 12, 2019

To be honest, I couldn't finish this show because I was too creeped out by the age gap between the main character and her love interests. Kajika is only 14, but three of the guys in her harem are in their late teens/early twenties. It's basically the equivalent of an eigthth grader dating a college student--aka statutory rape. Also, the characters weren't very sympathetic. For example, 3 women killed themselves because of the way Eugene treated them--a fact that's swept under the rug. And Kajika's dad sends her to a remote island at the age of 2, then proceeds to ignore her for the next 12 years. WTF?

3.5/10 overall

Meng Qi Shi Shen

Nov 5, 2019

Great show! Would definitely benefit from a second season, but other than that I have no complaints.

Penguindrum

Oct 10, 2019

I heard so many great things about this show, but it was too random and disjointed for me. The plot didn't make much sense, and the characters weren't very sympathetic. Penguindrum had potential, but it just didn't deliver.

Servant x Service

Sep 21, 2019

Servant x Service starts out slow, but the characters and the relationships between them create a story that's so sweet you might get cavities. I especially liked the relationship between the main couple, Lucy and Hasebe. They were so adorable! I loved watching him transform from an irresponsible playboy who asks her out for fun to someone who really cares about her. There's also plenty of comedy from the supporting cast. How often do you find (even in anime) a manager who's a stuffed rabbit? 10/10 would watch again.

Gangsta.

Sep 17, 2019

First off, this show is not for the faint of heart. Gangsta contains a number of mature themes, including drug use, prostitution, and physical/sexual abuse. That being said, Gangsta does an excellent job of dealing with these topics. Rather than glossing over or glamorizing them like many mafia style anime, the show uses these issues to thoroughly develop its characters and explain their motivations. The fact that it prominently features a deaf character who isn't stereotyped or portrayed as weak is another bonus. Nicholas might not be able to hear, but he can still kick ass! My only complaint is that the... See full review

Bungou Stray Dogs

Sep 6, 2019

I absolutely adore Bungou Stray Dogs. While this show isn't for everyone, once you get past the cringey jokes that permeate the first few episodes, the characters come to life and the story takes off. It's the perfect balance of action and comedy-so don't let the weird premise keep you from giving it a try.

Diabolik Lovers

Aug 30, 2019

No. Just...no. This show is an example of everything that's wrong with reverse harem anime. Don't get me wrong, I like a good love story as much as the next person, but there's nothing romantic about a bunch of guys physically and sexually abusing a helpless girl. At least Bella and Edward's relationship is consensual.

0.5/10 overall

Dame x Prince Anime Caravan

Aug 30, 2019

This show had me laughing from the first episode. It's an example of a reverse harem done right: doesn't take itself too seriously, while also managing to make you root for each love interest as he tries to capture the princess's heart. Also, Ani is the perfect foil to the princes--the poor girl is the only normal royal in the entire bunch! I especially liked how Narek started out as a spoiled narcissist but ended up genuinely caring about Ani instead of obsessing over her just because she wasn't into him. Each of the princes treats Ani like a person with feelings rather than objectifying her *gasp*, which... See full review

Brothers Conflict

Aug 30, 2019

Where to begin? While I had high hopes in the beginning, I was quickly disabused of the notion that the writers cared about plot or character development, given that the entire show consists of boy after boy throwing himself at the protagonist, who is so passive it borders on comatose. And do these guys have a sister complex or what? In Japan, your stepsiblings are viewed basically as blood relatives, which makes them hitting on her that much creepier. And don't get me wrong, Ema is nice, but she's not drop dead gorgeous or anything. There's no reason for so many guys to be chasing her, particularly when... See full review

Psychic Princess

Aug 30, 2019

I really wanted to like this show--Chinese animation has largely been overshadowed by Japanese works--but the plot and character development deterrioriated significantly during the second half. For instance, the relationship between the main character and her love interest was...problematic, to say the least. Ye Wang forces his affections on Yunxi--touching her, kissing her, etc.--despite her repeated attempts to stop him. At times, he treats her more like an object than a person: manhandling her with no regard to her feelings or personal autonomy. Speaking of feelings, Wang has another love interest at the... See full review