orpheusx9's avatar

orpheusx9

• Joined Mar 20, 2015

Seraph of the End

Feb 4, 2021

EDIT (2023)Several years later and I can't even make sense of the story anymore.

What dafuq is going on

---

TL;DR - Started off great but has since gone off the rails somewhat...

The beginning of this was fun and interesting. It's a pretty cookie-cutter shounen fighting fantasy, but that can be pretty entertaining and fun in its own way.

The action is cool, and the art is drawn really well. The characters, although their personalities are cliche and typical, their motivations and underlying character arcs are slightly more interesting.

However, starting around chapters 70-80, the story has kinda gone bonkers. Stuff is making less sense, characters are becoming more and more contrived, and random twists and turns are happening that seem less and less believable.

Oh, we find out the guy we thought was our friend turned out to be an enemy...only to find out that that was part of his plan all along and he was actually a friend. Meh?

The manga had a good run, and it's fairly entertaining for what it is. But don't expect a masterpiece, and if you're going to read all the way up to what's available now, be prepared for a lotta contrived, complicated nonsense.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or