nobility's avatar

• Joined Aug 31, 2019
  • 29

Tales of Wedding Rings

Aug 31, 2019

This review is made based in the latest chapter available (c46)

I will by start by getting this our of the way. This is a harem, fantasy and ecchi manga. If you are reading this you are either a curious soul out to explore or you are a fan of the genre and you know what to expect, more or less, from this work.

Before i go into the details, let me first give a short resume of my personal opinion and experience.
This is a beautiful manga, in more then one way. It has romance, comedy, action and the occasional nudity. It has no smut and I would even claim the ecchi scenes are tame and furthermore, are made in good taste and serve to bring a bit of spice to this rather sweet story.

Story: 7/10
The story, in my opinion, is just a vehicle for our main cast.  I won't go into spoilers, but lets just say it has the usual fantasy tropes.
If you are expecting something epic like Berserk, this is not it. Even so, while at the start it may seem generic or dull, i believe the story gets much better in later chapters.

Art: 10/10
Trust me, once you see some panels you'll understand. The art is simply gorgeous.
All the characters are beautifully drawn, the scenary is amazing and the monster and action scenes are done nice. There is a lot of detail and work put into it.
Pure eye candy!

Characters: 8/10
This is the strong point of this series. This is based on my own opinion and past reading experience, so people will either agree or disagree on this point.
When i first started reading this, i had close to no expectation. But boy was I wrong.
The characters feel real and there is real progress and connection between them. This is not your typical harem where somehow all the girls fall for him from the start and that's it.
At the start, only one of them truly loves him and he loves her back in return. But he's forced into mariage and relationship because that's the way he gets power, through bounds and bounding. When they start, except his love interest, the other girls he 'marries' because he has to and in return, the girls do it for their own reasons.
And as the story goes on, the relationships evolve, they start to know eachother and what i like most, the relationship between the wives (5 of them with rather different personalities and goals) also evolves and changes.
So yeah, a fresh formula that took me by surprise and it's the reason why i made my account and i'm writing here my review.

Overall: 8/10
This is not a perfect manga by any means, but if you're looking for a beautiful story with focus on people, romance and relationships (with great art and lots of boobs ) then with all my heart i recommend you this.
It's a great journey so far.