naveniel's avatar

naveniel

• Joined Jan 28, 2021

A Shoulder to Cry On

Feb 23, 2021

I think it will depend on the person.

This is a difficult story. It's a story where you learn that the world isn't just black or white, that your point of view can be biased and that to see the world, you will need to look up.
A coming of age of some sort.

The author doubted about having managed the romance, but it was definitely there.

Maybe it's because I empatized a lot with both of the characters, but I got swipped into their story and couldn't put it down until I was done. I honestly cried, because it echoed so much with me, resonated with similar (but not the same) moments I went through while growing up.

Before I realized it, my feelings where directed by the story. I wasn't able to "think rationaly". I usually do that, telling myself that there must be a reason for this action, or for this other. But this time, I couldn't.
I usually spoil myself too. That's when I know the story isn't perfect.

But I didn't. I read, and waited. And when I reached the end, I was fully satisfied. I wasn't scared that the story was ending, because it was exactly how it's supposed to be in my opinion.

Definitely a must read.

Thanks a lot to chickietenders for recommending it to me, I'll never thank you enough.