nathandouglasdavis's avatar

• Joined Feb 23, 2019
  • ?

Spoof on Titan

Oct 14, 2021

It has solid enough artwork, for a chibification. Some of the characters are difficult to differentiate, but I like the style. I like the underlids and hair and general thick linage.

The humor is lowkey and honestly somewhat lackluster. It can be silly. It's a lighthearted and easy read.

It riffs on some of the events and dynamics within the main series--mainly focusing on the social gatherings. There is a lot of emphasis on the romantic connections, which makes a lot of sense considering that traditional comedic plays had romantic elements and would almost always end with weddings. The light tone wouldn't have worked nearly as well if it focused on the gore and violence and constant death from the main series.

Each chapter will have a specific theme or idea that it is focusing on. Sometimes, they'll have the classic characters thrown into a different type of setting (like an office setting, a real-world classroom, or a spaceship) or they'll just have them engaging in activities from our world (like horoscope readings).