nathandouglasdavis's avatar

nathandouglasdavis

• Joined Feb 23, 2019
  • ?

Umi is someone who is kind and accepting of everyone, including the "so-called minorities" (as the author put it), so fe doesn't immediately get freaked out by a guy confessing to fem while wearing a paperbag over feir head. The adorability of this manga comes from seeing how over-the-top Paperbag-kun is in feir reactions and romantic plans. Fe prepares entire themed mini-events, that require great effort and craftsmanship to pull together, with the sole goal of making Umi happy. We also see glimpses of feir blushing face when the paper bag is lifted up slightly. It's cute and adorable. I mean, obviously, the way fe hides behind trees and stuff is stalker creepy, but for the most part it's still just cute and adorable. We also get some nice flashbacks that show the backstories of these two people. And the friends that make appearances are pretty alright, even if they don't get fleshed out a huge amount. I liked this manga and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a quick, feel-good romance.