nathandouglasdavis's avatar

nathandouglasdavis

• Joined Feb 23, 2019
  • ?

The problem with having this type of dotey-dotey manga mixed with this type of premise is that it doesn't show any of the negative stuff the demon army does. As a result, the demon characters don't feel like they have any nuance or understandable motives for fighting against the humans. Also, for being chief of the demon army, Hyudooru doesn't seem to spend any time actually leading or giving orders and we see more maids than soldiers. We don't even see any variety in the demons' responses to Rene, the human hero. All of them feel sorry for her unfortunate circumstances and want to care for her. None of them are scared of her. None of them resent her for being a human, even though I'm sure quite a few demons have had their families and friends killed by humans. It's all just very accepting and loving, which also means that it's very shallow and unengaging. But the art can be sorta cute. Though I should mention that while I'm fine with many of the side characters' designs, I dislike the designs for both Hyudooru and Rene, the two main characters.

I really don't care what happens next. They could never release another chapter and I wouldn't feel like I was missing out on anything.

[Reviewed at chapter 18]