nathandouglasdavis's avatar

• Joined Feb 23, 2019
  • ?

For the Sake of Sita

Jun 29, 2020

It's very obvious that the artwork was done digitally, especially with the shading which just throws patches of colors together. I'm sure it's a shading technique that can make things look super cool if done properly, but this manhwa doesn't quite have it mastered yet. So it just looks off. The wrists are bent weird and faces, especially the laughing faces, can be drawn badly. The only real benefit it has is that it's full color.

The pacing isn't quite right. It'll slow down at parts, but then speed through other parts which should probably have received more attention. And to top it all off, it feels like the time travel aspect to the story was entirely pointless. I mean, I guess it adds in a poetic fatalism to the story which wouldn't have been there otherwise, but when Sangmin says "Thank you...for allowing me to achieve what I wanted" at the end I felt confused. What exactly was it he wanted and how did he achieve it? In the beginning, it's implied that he wanted to be able prevent Sita getting a deadly disease, but if he did that, I must've missed that part of the story. Or are we meant to assume that he simply wanted to spend more time with her? In which case, I guess that happened but that feels pretty anticlimactic. And the final interaction with the goddess in the end, with him being satisfied, made the entire time travel detour feel especially pointless. Or are we supposed to assume that he had some epiphanies that wouldn't have occurred without the time travel? If so, again, the story didn't make them very clear. Overall, the story felt slipshod in its presentation and in its planning, which made the reading experience more of a hassle than enjoyable--to the point that I can't even justify rating it a 2/10.