nathandouglasdavis's avatar

nathandouglasdavis

• Joined Feb 23, 2019
  • ?

Let's avoid the bad ending! Let's lose weight! Those are the two primary motives behind Britney's actions. Other major things she's involved in are looking for a suitable fiance by her 15th birthday and helping her cousin Luther with managing the family's territory. And though she wants to avoid Angela and others from the shoujo manga that she's been transmigrated into, she will likely end up being a major social hub. Because in these types of stories, that's just how things go down. I find myself enjoying the characters, which is a good sign, and I want to see how she inevitably ends up failing to avoid Angela and ends up living a life completely counter to what she's intending.

It's a bit ridiculous that a civilization with technology comparable to just before the industrial revolution (I assume based on aesthetic) didn't have soap. Like, it feels as though soap would've been invented long before, I dunno, frilly dresses or electric lighting. Or at least something comparable. I did a quick search on Wikipedia, and it seems that soap is indeed a very old invention, with early forms being more than 4000 years old. But whatever, I guess that's what makes this a fantasy world: the lack of soap. I'll just have to suspend my disbelief and accept it.

[Reviewed at chapter 10]