nathandouglasdavis's avatar

• Joined Feb 23, 2019
  • ?

Warlord: Sandstorm

Nov 19, 2019

This is like the cliffnotes of a story. The exposition is bad and at times confusing. As an example: at first, I thought that Jingcheng was another name for Tiegang, but after reading further I now think that Jingcheng may simply be the name of Tiegang's clan (though I'm still not 100% sure about this). I also have no idea why Sandstorm decided that the righteous path for him would be to lead the Southern Barbarian sect on a conquest spree, ultimately fighting against the Cannibalism sect. Was it just to make his sect stronger? Did the Southern Barbarian sect need to expand its territory because their previous territory was unusable for some reason? And considering how his motivations for these actions seem completely random, it's ridiculous that they fit into Feilei's expectations.

The art switches styles and I find many of the characters look similar. Also, though quite a few individual images look good, panels don't flow well together. So the overall effect is more negative than positive.

Not worth reading.