nathandouglasdavis's avatar

• Joined Feb 23, 2019
  • ?

Kekkon Shite Kudasai!

Sep 12, 2019

I read the synopsis for this story and thought it sounded interesting. But the initial thing that hooked me about the story--somebody using a marriage consulting service but then falling in love with the consultant instead, and the consultant awkwardly trying to cope--falls apart by the end of the second chapter. I won't go into details about what exactly changes since that would be spoiling it, but it's enough to say that the tone and trajectory of the manga do a complete 180. And I don't much care for the new trajectory; it feels like lazy, overly-dramatic writing.

The art isn't very good. Clothes sit awkwardly on bodies; the collars are too straight, the pants are boxy and too high. If often looks like everything's been cornstarched, like there's no flow in the clothing. Hands are drawn far too big. But the faces are drawn well. And that seems to be what the author's relying on--cutely drawn faces on top of generic body shapes. Even then, Sasaki and Senri's eyes are sometimes drawn with excessive glistening, which can be distracting. And sometimes, the hair is offkilter. So even the faces aren't always drawn well.