natanickii's avatar

• Joined Nov 3, 2020
  • 18

Ingrid, the White Deer

Nov 20, 2020

This was rated shockingly low, which prevented me from reading this manhwa for a long time. But, I found that it's actually really good. The characters have their own motives and are driven towards them, and are often selfish and manipulative in the first few chapters at least. Honestly, this makes it much more interesting. The drama created is well made, not pointlessly, but you do have to keep in mind that this is a drama, so there's always some miscommunication... but even then, considering that this also about nobles, it's not all that unbelievable.

The characters are given depth. They have their own motives and desires and aren't morally righteous like characters in other manga/manhwa. It's honestly refreshing and I personally prefer more manipulative characters. There is no hero, there are a lot of grey areas.

This was a very enjoyable read. If you like healthy romances, no NTR (tbh I wouldn't really classify this to fit in NTR or cheating), then don't read this. But if you like drama and morally ambiguous characters, then go ahead.