nasreen10's avatar

• Joined Jun 4, 2009
  • ? / F

Tramps Like Us

Dec 13, 2010

I swear I remembering writing this right after I finished reading it but it's not here. So strange. I'll try to do my best to rewrite it but it's been a while.

Story: While I was finishing another manga series, I stumbled upon this one on one of those ads. I liked the cover and the plot sounded interesting. I thought it would be one of those guilty pleasures. The kinds that you like for some reason but don't like telling others about. This one surprised me and I found myself really liking and quickly becoming addicted. I was rooting for them the entire time and, even though I was annoyed at times, I still didn't want to drop. I basically finished it within two days which shows how addicting it was. It's a nice mixture of drama, comedy and romance. The ending felt a bit rushed and little over the top. I wish that development had come soon but I have to be vague in order to avoid spoilers. I did like the ending but I felt that it could have been done much better.

Art: It was nice for the most part. It looked average but it was never ugly. The characters look nice but they weren't completely memorable to me. The art kind of blends in with other works so after a while I probably won't remember exactly how they look like but they did look cute. Emotions were nicely done. Not amazing but still nice.

Characters: Interesting group of characters. They all have their flaws but they feel very human with relate-able desires. I could feel myself sympathizing instead of just being annoyed and thinking that they were stupid. I did feel for them even though they didn't make the greatest decisions at time. The change in perspectives was also nice. They were well developed and the two main characters were likable. The rest were nice but I didn't like them as much as Sumire and Momo.

Overall: Good and addicting romantic comedy with a sweet ending.

7.5/10 story