murder0's avatar

murder0

• Joined Jan 1, 2016

High-Rise Invasion

Feb 26, 2021

Long story short of all the battle royal "high stakes anime" this is by far the worst and I'll try to summarise why.

There's so much to say about this anime. It had so much potential, but I think every episode I had a comment on what could have been done better. To begin with, the characters tend to have either a super good composure or they are super emotional and I feel like it's done for comedy, but it's done at the totally wrong moments. It also seems in every fight scene they make it super intense and then at the last moment they ruin it by allowing the winner to get distracted and start a conversation with whoever came to help them (yes no fight is a 1v1) before killing the opponent.  These are just the small issues I have with the character design.

• The writing itself isn't great, some of the lines that the character say makes no sense in the situation and often sounds stupid.
  • The characters think at 80 miles a second with half of it being pointless.
  • Sometimes a character will be able to defend themself from a projectile and then sometimes they won't be able to (no logic to it).
  • So, characters are typically meant to commit suicide when their mask breaks or is taken off without permissions, but this logic is thrown out the window past the first few episodes.
  • The age of the characters in the world makes no sense I'd understand if it was just 1 child in it, but there are several useless children that serve no purpose to the story, on one occasion they use one of them to cause a handicap but if you really pay attention to it wasn't necessary

I could honestly say so much more but I think you get the gist, a lot of the stuff is wrong with this anime.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or

StarberryDarling Oct 22, 2021

I wanted to leave a review of just how bad I found this show to be..but nope you summed it up pretty well.