molopower's avatar

molopower

• Joined Nov 20, 2021

Life With an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into a Total Fantasy Knockout

Mar 29, 2022

It's hilarious from start to end. Character dynamics are great. Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that the animation is severely lacking it'd be up there as one of the greats.

Isekai Quartet 2

Feb 28, 2022

Another masterpiece. This show is unilaterally art of the highest order. Joking aside, it's a really fun watch. It's as good as season 1. I hope they do more cross overs in the future.

Isekai Quartet

Feb 27, 2022

Isekai Quartet lets us peer into what could be. This show proves cross over between isekais shouldn't just be left to a spin-off, but should be integrated into the full-fledged series. This is also the culmination of the isekai genre. It is unashamedly a masterpiece and a must-watch for any so-called Isekai enthusiast.

Sword Art Online: Alicization

Jan 28, 2022

Sword Art Online has the worst fucking villains, it's infuriating. Alicization like season 2 feels tact on with some shitass tape. But It is an improvement over the first two seasons. This time they aren't forcing a romance subplot down our throats when there's already someone he loves. And thank god it's one continuous story and not one good "arc" surrounded by god-awful filler. Everything else is either average or above average.

7.5/10 story
7.5/10 characters

Star Wars: Visions

Jan 26, 2022

I saw it when it originally came out so my opinions are from what I remember. I'm a fan of star wars, it's probably my favourite IP. I know it's supposed to be non-cannon, but going in space without something that lets you breathe in it is a big no-no. Visions is made by a bunch of studios who know nothing about Star Wars. It's like they were given a surface level explanation of the world and then given free reigns to do whatever they wanted. That just doesn't sit well with me. For sure there's interesting stuff in here like the first episode I really liked it, it's visually striking and it's a story... See full review

Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town

Jan 26, 2022

Funny at times but overall it's very average. The villains are brain-dead. Most of the characters are annoying.

See full review

Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!?

Jan 25, 2022

It's funny. I like the romances but there's not enough content and don't like the "romance arcs". It should be one main love story supplemented by side ones. It's also a "borderline hentai"

6.2/10 overall

And you thought there is never a girl online?

Jan 25, 2022

The first few episodes are pleasant, though if "And you thought there is never a girl online?" was an RPG it would definitely have 1 in intelligence. This makes the show somewhat funny. But after the first few episodes the novelty wears off fas and it gets ridiculously boring. The characters are also woefully underused.

Spice and Wolf

Jan 24, 2022

I think it is very well written. Though, its art is a bit dated. I'd compare it to a soft breeze on a summer day.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III

Jan 23, 2022

Honestly, I thought seasons 1 and 2 were incredibly average. But this one is good. If you've seen 1 and 2, you should watch season 3.

7.5/10 characters

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II

Jan 22, 2022

I've certainly watched it. I can confirm it is an anime. It's slightly better than the first season. If you enjoyed it before you'll find comfort in knowing it's practically the same.

6.3/10 overall

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Jan 22, 2022

It's about as average as you can get. At least it's not as overtly crude as the title would suggest.

Redo of Healer

Jan 22, 2022

This show is beyond fucked. It's also borderline hentai. It's definitely not for everyone. But, It is fun to see monstrous people receive divine retribution. Though I think you should rather watch, saga of Tanya the evil, it's better in every respect.

6.7/10 story

Bloom Into You

Jan 22, 2022

I think, "Bloom Into You", is beautiful. I've watched quite a few romance shows, after all, it's my favourite genre, but I've never seen anything like this. I'd even go as far as to say it's ingenious. Normally romance goes as follow, the characters end up confessing their love at the climax or they quickly form a couple. But this anime subverts your expectations because this time it's both. It's also really pretty, the art is sublime and there are a lot of visual metaphors sneaked in. I'm just sad it didn't end because I don't know if there is going to be a sequel. Honestly, I might just buy the... See full review

Drugstore in Another World: The Slow Life of a Cheat Pharmacist

Jan 21, 2022

Awful show. This is literally "Ultra-turbo shit". It's barely an isekai, everything is missing an introduction from how the characters met to how his power works. At first, I thought, he makes medicine from our world but then the impossible stuff doesn't make sense. I'm gonna stop I just want to forget I ever watched this series.

Sword Art Online II

Jan 21, 2022

SAO 2 is basically three stories. Only one of them is good. The rest is mediocre and soulless. But the last arc is great if you can relate emotionally. I think if you've seen the first season and enjoyed it. Watch this one.

6.3/10 story

Sword Art Online

Jan 20, 2022

I've watched finally Sword Art Online. I liked it, at least the first half that is. And honestly, if you aren't invested in the romance there's just no point in continuing after the fourteenth episode. Sao's heart is its characters. Everyone feels genuine, they act like real people. There's a moment during the show where a Guild leader learns his whole guild is dead, they were his close friends. He's unable to live with the pain and kills himself. There are also people who aren't able to fight, instead, they just adapt to the circumstances and try to live in this new world. It makes the world believable, I... See full review

7.8/10 characters

Goblin Slayer

Jan 18, 2022

This show is fucked. I'd like to end it there but that wouldn't be a fair review eh? Goblin slayer isn't for the faint of heart, there are repeated scenes of rape and dark subject matters aplenty. This story is about a man wallowing in pain looking to avenge his sister's death. I'm not gonna lie the ending made me shed a tear. I think it tries too much at being a realistic fantasy world but fails where it counts social interactions. You could pluck any of the adventurers from this anime into another less serious one and they'd fit right in. What I'm saying is that most of the characters don't act... See full review

Gabriel Dropout Specials

Jan 18, 2022

The first episode is quite boring. But the second is a masterpiece. I'm left wondering why wasn't the first season more like this? It's really emotional and sweet.

9.2/10 overall

Gabriel Dropout

Jan 18, 2022

I like it but it's nothing special. It feels quite superficial. Everything there is nice, but they don't really do anything with it. It's really a show about going through the motions. If they'd added something like a love interest or explored Gab's character, the series would've heavily benefited.  Though, I feel like the second episode of the special is the highlight of this series and is a must-watch.

7.2/10 overall

Outbreak Company

Jan 17, 2022

I was pleasantly surprised with this one. It's quite wholesome and fun. It's like Gate if that one was less action-oriented.  The romance is good too.

Isekai Cheat Magician

Jan 17, 2022

Truly a terrible show. It's unoriginal, boring and cheap. There's nothing, it's worse than your average isekai. Don't watch it.

The Dungeon of Black Company

Jan 17, 2022

I'm flabbergasted. This show is wack, in a good way. I don't think It's perfect, but even so, it's so weird and original I can forego its faults. Do you think you know where the story is going? Think again. Before you know it, everything has changed. It's also a brilliant use of the isekai genre. I've seen way too many isekais and at the end of the day they start blending together, few stand apart. But this one, I've not seen anything remotely similar. But the main flaw in my opinion has to be its lack of momentum, there's great build-up until it gets partially reset. It's irritating. Its characters, though... See full review

8.4/10 overall

Wise Man’s Grandchild

Jan 16, 2022

I can only describe the villains in this show as "turbo-shit", what motivates them goes as follow, Humans hurt me therefore I must kill them all. They're also virtually all the same. The cast is way too big. Therefore most of the students are way underbaked and are missing so much. The lead up to the action is too drawn out and long. But overall I wouldn't say this show is good but it was enjoyable.

Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles

Jan 16, 2022

Well, this is your run of the mill isekai. There's not much to say. I think it's good for what it is. Though I think the villain needs refinement.

Infinite Dendrogram

Jan 15, 2022

I think it's enjoyable. Though, everything is way too convenient. The protagonist never loses. And it's true some of the character's motivations are underdeveloped. But I think as a whole it's entertaining enough where I'd watch another season.

7.4/10 overall

Snow White with the Red Hair

Jan 13, 2022

I didn't enjoy my time with this show. It was a slog to get through. I found it very boring. The only thing remotely interesting is the protagonist's job. I really liked the entrance test. But there's nothing similar after it. Everything else just felt like bland filler.

5.3/10 overall

GATE (2016)

Jan 13, 2022

I didn't really like gate 2. I don't think it's worth a watch unless they make a season 3. There's almost no action. The story is boring. It feels like we're walking in a circle. There's basically no japan this time around. I liked the characters at least...

6.8/10 characters

GATE

Jan 12, 2022

Gate is a very peculiar show. It is both an isekai and a reverse isekai at the same time. Flying helicopters descending upon an enemy castle while playing Ride of the valkyries and then raining hellfire on the bandits. Imitating that scene in apocalypse now. Oh during that scene I felt so much glee. Needless to say, I like guns in a medieval fantasy setting and this show delivers on that fantasy in spades. I also adore the contrast between worlds illustrated by the visit to Japan. Unfortunately, the plot is bogged down by needless politics, if you'd have wanted it to be the main focus of the show, gates... See full review

8.3/10 overall

Full Dive: This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Shittier than Real Life!

Jan 12, 2022

It's so ridiculous and that's what makes it fun. The events that occur are totally out there, I never knew where the story was heading. The humour is somewhat dark, from a fruit-slicing manic to a piss obsessed torturer it's quite interesting. The story is genuinely sincere too. Overall I liked it.

7.4/10 characters