A little bit about me for those whose curiosity may (lol) be piqued:
💖 Anime has always been a part of my childhood growing up, but it wasn't until middle school that I started to really get into it and finding more gems. This was also around the time that I started to read manga and collecting them, usually shoujo. Although I stopped collecting them in high school, my interest for both hasn't fully wane throughout the years and I hope it never will. Recently, I've started to read more manhwa usually on WEBTOON and a bit of manhua.
💖 Despite my username, I'm actually just a fan of mildly sweet desserts, though some exceptions may be made.
💖 I watch anime which demographic steers toward shoujo, seinen, and mostly shounen but these genre are usually what I like:
- slice of life
- coming of age
- BL (usually in manhwa/manga)
- reverse harem
- apocalyptic (or post)
💖 I love music from almost any genre but for relevance sake, I get hyped when I hear a really good anime OST; ranges from calm and tranquil vibes to those adrenaline pumping ones that either makes me wanna battle or go to war with/for my biases, reminds me soulfully the importance of self-love, refocusing as well as appreciating things and people that truly matter, be in a band with my favourite characters, daydream, reminisce a past that has nothing to do with me, dance or join some sports club.
A few examples:
- The entire Chainsaw Man OST
- Fly Up by Hwang Chang Young ft. Door | Lookism
- Lost in Paradise by ALI ft. AKLO | Jujutsu Kaisen
- Kaikai Kitan by Eve | Jujutsu Kaisen
- Vivid Vice by Who-ya Extended | Jujutsu Kaisen
- Literally the entire magnificently, spine-chilling, tug-at-your-heartstring, ethereal, and nostalgically uplifting OST of Attack On Titan, Demon Slayer, Heaven Official's Blessing, and Haikyū!!
- Iro Kousui by Yoh Kamiyama | Horimiya
- Overhaul Theme by Yuki Hayashi | My Hero Academia Season 4
- Merry Go Round of Life by Joe Hisaishi | Howl's Moving Castle
- Red by Survive Said The Prophet | Banana Fish
💖 I don't usually write reviews, but when I do:
- They are either my favs (not all of my favs has reviews, but it doesn't mean I enjoy them any less.) or just something I felt like writing about.
- Turns out I couldn't just rate them and leave without much thought! Still, I quite enjoy expressing how I feel about them.
- I almost always put a spoiler tag before opening my reviews.
- My reviews vary in length and depth -- it depends on how I feel like/when writing it.
- Hmm. Do you ever get that feeling after completing a really good—nay, wonderful and brilliant anime (or manga/manhwa) that you're left speechless and thoughtless, saved for the emotions within you that became too full and about to overflow, sometimes leaving you buoyed yet heavy, that you don't quite know what to do with it in one moment? But within a split second, you knew that somehow—somehow you just need to express them all but can't find the right words? Yeah, that's me 99.9%. I call those that could evoke such things the chosen ones. As odd as it may be, sometimes these ones have little to no reviews at all—just high ratings with intangible feelings that I would love to make more sense into words, yet I remained content that I could not in that moment, because they have already written themselves in my heart. And memory.
- There are various factors which influenced my viewing experience and enjoyment, and essentially, reviews. Some of them includes styles, art and background visuals, storyline, music and/or voice actors' appeal, the fluidity of scene transitions, depth or emotional engagement, humor (if any), character developments, plot twists, etc. I may not mention them specifically but they're influences, alright.
- Thoughts in these reviews are just my opinions and perspectives as a viewer, and I don't write them to be a part of the public consensus. If you vibe with my review, that's great, but if you don't, that's okay too. To each their own, I say!
- I'm now aware that my bio resembles one of my class' assignment rubric back in college and...so I'm just gonna...yeah. Next!
💖 I have a lot of favs which really needed its own list, but if anyone's wondering, here are some of my favourites at the moment:
💘💘💘 Top 24 Favourite Anime 💘💘💘
- Chainsaw Man
- Attack on Titan
- Spy x Family
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
- Jujutsu Kaisen
- A Silent Voice
- Romantic Killer
- Your Name
- Our Love Has Always Been 10 Centimetres Apart
- Heaven Official's Blessing
- Kaguya-sama: Love is War
- Samurai Champloo
- Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
- Tsuredure Children
- Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop
- Kono Oto Tomare!
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Beyond the Boundary
- Fruits Basket (from 2019)
💘💘💘 Top 20 Favourite Manga/WEBTOON Manhwa/OEL 💘💘💘
- Otokomae! Beads Club by Motomi Kyousuke
- Love Arrow by Motomi Kyousuke
- A Man of Virtue by Ggang E & Wook
- The Third Ending by Chobom
- Daily JoJo by Donggeon Lee
- A Whirlwind Campus Affair by Aniyoung (also Uiyoung)
- Kaichou wa Maid-sama! by Hiro Fujiwara
- Raise wa Tanin ga Ii by Asuka Konishi
- Uruwashi no Yoi no Tsuki by Mika Yamamori
- Morgana and Oz by Miyuli
- Nice to Meet You by Wishroomness
- Kaoru Hana Wa Rin To Saku by Saka Mikami
- Who Can Define Popularity? by Takbon
- Love Advice from The Great Duke of Hell by unfins
- Unholy Blood by Lina Im & Jeonghyeon Kim
- The Gentle Way by Truuuue
- Spirit Fingers by Han Kyoung Chal
- The Kiss Bet by Ingrid Ochoa
- Brass & Sass by antlerella
- Little Rain by Mai
If you've read 'til here, well, there you have it. Now you know some things about me. Haha.
Have a lovely day~ 💖