miscetcetc's avatar

• Joined Jan 9, 2019
  • 29

Happy Sugar Life

Mar 12, 2019

Okay, so I just finished binge watching this, and I don't know how to feel honestly... let's just start off with wow. Wow in a good, and a bad way. This anime would have been 10/10 if it weren't for the ending. They need to make a season 2 where Shio wakes up and it was all a bad dream. Now to the actual review:

NON SPOILER SECTION

The anime itself was pretty good for horror; definitely sent shivers down my spine a couple times. The blonde kid was just annoying as hell honestly, and he just should not have existed. The aunt was funny, but the whole logic of this anime is really twisted. I'm going to need to watch something really non violent after this. There wasn't a whole lot of gore, but it was just enough to creep you out and know what was doing. The teacher was also annoying. Shio was kind of the main struggle, but ON TO THE SPOILER SECTION

SPOILER SECTION

Okay, so first off, the ending. I hated it. Sorry, but it just hurt my heart. For some reason, I didn't feel anything when the main character murdered a bunch of people, but I was really hurt when I figured out the main character died. I didn't get the end scene the first time around. The ending is super sad and heartbreaking. I probably should not be sympathetic to the killer, but that is just me. I get the whole redemption thing but this just pissess me off how she died. I don't cry because of movies or tv or books. Ever. But this was the closest I have ever been. This was tormenting, but intrigued to watch honestly. Again, I liked it, but the ending just killed me. The brother was super annoying.. if he cared enough about Shio, he woulda respected her decision...and FUCK THE RING..  THAT DAMNED RING..they would have gotten away and it would have been a happy ending, like I wanted, but something told me that wasnt happening. It just makes me sad to think about. It is probably bad that I feel for the main character so much, but I do. She certainly seemed cunning and manipulative, but she somehow found away around everything. Until the end. Which ruined it for me. But I still gave it a 9 out of 10 because of episodes 1 - 11. They were good, but I am being generous. I always am. I wanted it to end happily every after, but no, since it has to be a fucking horror story... damnit... this kills me.

Good characters

Shio

The main character(I forget her name)

The aunt

The friend or the main character

Shit characters