mirkomie's avatar

mirkomie

• Joined Jun 25, 2019

As someone who is a big fan of the orignal series, this was excellentlly done. Warning to all new Higurashi fans! This is definitely meant to act as a sequel to the original series, and is far more enjoyable if you know the lore. Gou was an excellent addition to the Higurashi series, that provided new lore, and a new(and very well done) villain. While paying homeage to the original content, it also creates enough differences in the storyline to make any watcher curious to what will happen next. And then about halfway through we get a POV change, and the story becomes something else entirely. We find out who the main protag and villain are, and much time is taken to tell the villains backstory/motivations. I was so excited to find that Higurashi would be rebooted after 15 years, and it definitely did not disappoint! If you are a Higurashi fan, or someone who has watched the original series, I highly recommend watching Gou. If not, I mean you still can and I won't stop you, but I highly encourage reading/watching the original story first so you aren't too lost.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or