mikarous's avatar

mikarous

• Joined Jan 9, 2022

BELLE

Feb 20, 2022

I wanna start by saying that I love the other movies produced by Studio Chizu like Wolf Children and The Girl Who Leaped Through Time. Both movies I highly recommend!

From the first few minutes of the movie, I assumed that it would be about a girl trying to open discover herself and find herself again but it's much more than that. The movie had a lot of plots I think which weren't elaborated on. it was all very surface level stuff with no substance. It had 2 hours to develop a story with a clear beginning middle and end but instead, it was choppy and had no real development. For example, how did Suzu meet Hiroka and how does Hiroka know so much about U. How is she able to make and put on customised clothes on Belle. it wasn't ever explored in the 2-hour long movie.

The animations were perfect. It had a different style when they were in the world U compared to the normal world. One of the main if not the only reason I wanted to watch this movie was for the animations. since Studio Chizu always has such great animations.

One of the selling points for the movie I think is the music. The songs Belle sings is incredible and it's something I will add to my playlist. It sounded unique and special when watching because it was directed towards certain people in the movie. However, I think the reason the story couldn't be developed was because of the music. it played back to back songs of Belle singing and trying to convey her emotions through her music. It was beautiful but reminded me of a high school musical remake (not the school part more on the music part)

Now the characters, I enjoyed but I wish there was more. Just like the story, I think the characters could've had more substance. The dragon and his real identity were very rushed. I wished it was less in your face and there was the progression that led up to it. I know you could say the dragon meeting Belle was the progression but I wish there was more when it came to the real world. More development with that side of the movie.

This movie was very similar to beauty and the beast (my favourite Disney princess film) which I loved but it wasn't done as well as I'd have hoped.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or