mahius's avatar

mahius

• Joined Jun 10, 2014
  • ? / M

This is a sequel to the main series Ichigo 100% which leaves off after Nishino agrees to be the heroine for the movie being made by the movie club. I will only be taking about story in this review as animation, sound and characters are the same as the origninal series. Read my review of the original series if you want my opinions on those, though I was less forgiving with characters due to this being a sequel.

The gang from the main series are out in the countryside filming their movie starring Nishino as the heroine. It starts with the main character Junpei, having a nightmare about being indecisive concerning his romantic interests. This is likely to try and draw viewers in making them hope that something actually happens. Due to unfortunate circumstances, Junpei ends up trapped in a shack in a torrential downpour with Toujou. As they try to keep warm, they take off their wet clothes and both of them wear nothing but boxers/panties. SPOILER< Despite the situation, Junpei keeps his calm/is a gutless worm and doesn't do anything weird nor does he confess. Same goes for Toujou >SPOILER

In the second part of the episode, Junpei and Nishino go on a token spooky forest walk to a lake which is said to be the place where unhappy lovers drowned themselves. It seems to bring the two closer together. SPOILER< It was all a ploy by the film crew to try and get a realistic performance from the two. Nothing really develops between Junpei and any of the girls >SPOILER

All in all, this was a slightly pointless extra episode that should have been part of the original series as episode 13. I felt like this was a waste of my time and it didn't have the innocent charm that was sometimes there (in the tactful parts) of the main series.

Family-friendliness Rating: 3/5 on average. 2/5 Form most of it though 4/5 during the scene in the shack where Toujou is wearing nothing but panties, however having modesty to cover her chest (lower is better)

Overall Rating: 4/5 (higher is better)

You must be logged in to leave comments. or