leftminds's avatar

leftminds

• Joined Jul 18, 2010

A Lull in the Sea

Jul 11, 2020

This is my first review, just because I feel I was so incredibly mislead by the rating and other reviews. I'll try to keep this brief: this show sucks.

Let's get this straight: The art is beautiful. Animation, backgrounds (especially), the designs-- they're a joy to see. The voice acting is good and the music isn't obnoxious or intrusive. And it's very much like watching a movie with a really great set of actors and actresses that bombs because the script is awful.

When I saw " love triangle" in the tags I didn't think that would be the entirety of the plot. It is. Some other stuff happens, more interesting things, but it's all secondary to the romantic pinings of a bunch of 14 year olds. Which might have been fine, I love a good romance. I also love silly, naive, feel-good stuff, and I love serious plot driven shows too. This is none, zero, zilch, nada, of those things. It tries to do a lot of things and does none of them well. I couldn't bring myself to care about any of the characters because there's not really much to them, and since they're the whole basis of the show, it falls flat every time. It feels fake and melodramatic.

I watched the whole thing waiting for it to get better, and it didn't, but it wasn't the worst thing I've ever watched. All I can say is, well, "it tries". Sure is pretty though.

You must be logged in to leave comments. or